Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

6 minutes ago, jameso said:

You called it.

Wildsmith

Nyambe                    Nelson                          Cashin                     Forsyth

Smith                            Fornah

Barkhuizen                                  Bird                                           Sibley

Collins

(Probably)

I know we're lacking real threats down the left but I don't think abandoning the area completely is the way to go

Screenshot_2023-10-21-14-04-46-435_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 minute ago, Kokosnuss said:

I know we're lacking real threats down the left but I don't think abandoning the area completely is the way to go

I think one of us may have a formatting issue!

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

My guess is a 4-2-3-1;

Wildsmith

Nyambe.  Nelson.  Cashin.  Forsyth

Fornah     Smith

Sibley          Bird        Barkhuizen 

Collins

I quite like the look of that albeit a slight lack or pace. There's some good technical ability in that midfield so I just hope the ball isn't launched over their heads too much

Just now, Malty said:

Are you suggesting inverted wingers? Isn’t that a bit complicated for League One?!

Unless I’m misremembering, Sibley played off the right hand side of the 3 behind the striker in the last game, scoring twice. Barkhuizen seems to mostly play down the left hand side. Warne seemingly has it in his head that Bird suits playing in the 10, so that’s what I think it’ll be. I might be wrong. They might rotate throughout the match, or it could be more of a 4-3-3 with Bird deeper and Barks/Sibley out wide either side of Collins. 

My personal opinion is that it suits Sibley playing off the right as he can then cut in on his stronger left foot and get shots away.

23 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've just seen a great post on Twitter of an alleged Derby fan blowing chunks in a pub in Shrewsbury about ten minutes ago....any nominations for forum members 😏

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Who’s chunks?

Screenshot_20231021_141110_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0b71604a50b7a28ef2828e0aba1215d9.jpg

🤮🤮 That's carrots off the menu for tomorrows Sunday lunch for me. 🤮🤮

Sibley will be right with Barkhuizen left in a 3 behind Collins like vs Notts Co.

Not sure why you would change Sibley's position after he scored 2 from the right in his last game.

Bird will be in the 10, him & Collins do seem to have built up a bit of link up play between them recently.