Derby v Cheltenham (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

20 hours ago, David said:

If we're going to let Cheltenham score one goal, we have to let them score first for the absolute hysterics that would follow.

Obviously in an ideal world they don't score and we make the most of the opportunity to improve the goal difference, but if if they were to score and it was a late consolation goal, so what, you would get the odd grumble but nothing OTT.

Imagine if they score though in the 20th minute, we go in at half time 0-1, oh boy, it would be spectacular, fans would be thinking we're going to be global front news story from the Derby Telegraph to the Afghan Times. 

That 40 minutes of pure entertainment before smashing 3 in the second half ourselves would be perfection.

So yeah, let them score first or not at all please.

I know who I'm blaming for us being 1-0 down

19 minutes ago, sage said:

These are awful at the back. We started quite well but have gone a little sloppy/complacent. They've had a few half opportunities.

Fancy us to score a few if we play anything Tuesday, but we are below those levels so far 

And there is the complacency 

Fornah mistake. Cheltenham goal. 

FFS performance had been far too flat. 

I know the mistake is nothing to do with Warne but he he leaves the coaching to his team - if he isn’t getting the players right up for the match then what is his role in match prep? 

15 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Awful at the back, no Davies due to suspension, they've already had to sub off their right back and they can't score goals. We'd struggle to find an easier game on paper in the EFL at the minute.

However...

Poor from Fornah to lose possession on the edge of the area, Cashin not quick enough to stop the cross, no one tracked the runner. A bit too casual which I think sums up this half so far. Not been poor, but not been at it either, all a bit meh. 
Plenty of time to turn it around, hopefully that’s the wake up call that’s needed. 

No one can expect to breeze through any game in this division but they’re where they are in the division after a quarter of the season because they’re crap. That’s who we find ourselves 1-0 down to. 

Another chance for them. 

FFS Derby pull it together and drag us back into this match by any means.