Derby v Cheltenham (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

We haven't got clinical strikers, yet so far this season they have performed as such and we've ended up with more points / goals than the performances have deserved.

We were always going to get games like this where those strikers are wasteful, so it's imperative that we don't concede stupid goals. 1 goal wins it.

We're playing a team who hadn't scored in 11 games so a perfect opportunity for that sort of result to happen. They're hopeless at scoring goals, so it shouldn't be too hard..  

.. so of course we have a day of profligacy and also concede a stupid goal.

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No trolling, just the reality of the situation.

Theres no need to cry Paul

I think theres only one person crying here pal 

We drew , boo hoo, sack warne, were not top boo hoo

pathetic 

Edited by NottsRam77

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yes melodrama. It’s 2 points dropped, not 3. We dominated the game, gifted them a goal, and couldn’t take the chances against a motivated team playing under a new manager. Is it a poor performance? Yeah I guess so. Is it poor enough to sack the manager when we’re just outside the playoffs and on an unbeaten run of results. No

Oh, and the team who are in first place also drew with lowly Cheltenham, only they did it at home.

It's not just one performance though is it? We've been mostly terrible all season.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

You win today's Lack of Perspective Award

I don't think he lacks perspective at all. We're 10 points off the pace, and we just drew with the team bottom of the league. A team who before us, hadn't even scored a goal. It's not anywhere near good enough. What miracle are we supposed to be sat waiting for?

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yes melodrama. It’s 2 points dropped, not 3. We dominated the game, gifted them a goal, and couldn’t take the chances against a motivated team playing under a new manager. Is it a poor performance? Yeah I guess so. Is it poor enough to sack the manager when we’re just outside the playoffs and on an unbeaten run of results. No

Oh, and the team who are in first place also drew with lowly Cheltenham, only they did it at home.

I get your point, but it seems like this is being said every other game. How long do you keep saying it?

1 minute ago, LincsRam said:

After 40 mins I would have taken a point, since then looking at our possession, chances etc we should have won, you cant fathom Collins missing from 2 yards out though. We have been a mixed bag of great play and down right awful.

We can play much better than this, on to the next one.

You say that but that’s been said a fair bit this season already. “On to the next one” “we can play better” “not our day” “if only x took his chance”

after a while you have to maybe realise this is the norm. How many games so fair this season (11 games in) have we thought “that was poor” or boring or dull. 

as someone else has mentioned, we can’t dominate games, we can’t stamp our identity on a game, we do well when we have to soak it up rather than play football and break teams down. 

playing unattractive football is only accepted when it comes with results.

the utopia is good football and good results but

unattractive football + good results is accepted

attractive football + poor results is accepted (just about)

Unattractive football + poor results will end one way. 

I want PW to turn it around but I also want my team to play with the ball on the ground and pass the ball. Not keep it tight and put emphasis on set plays.

2 minutes ago, jameso said:

Agreed that 6-minutes-to-sacking for drawing away to a team in your league is excessive (and yes quite probably melodramatic).

We could and should have won it in the second half - only one team in it - but you (or I anyway) have to ask questions about the line-up and why we were so poor in the first half. Definitely 2 points dropped there.

Yeah for sure we could and probably should have won it, had the chances in a lacklustre first half but couldn’t execute the pass or finish with conviction. 
Warne then changed it second half and we dominated further but Cheltenham dug in, their keeper made some saves, it’s rubbish but we move on.
The up and down drama of the forum at times, Warne in/Warne out etc is just silly in my opinion. We could be doing better and we could also be doing a lot worse. We’ve seen evidence that we might have found a way to do play better in recent games, today just wasn’t to be and it’s into the international break with more players coming back from injury. 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You say this every week. At what point do the poor performances not become acceptable? If it was up to you, Nigel Clough would probably still be here.

Outside the playoffs is completely unacceptable. Any competent manager (frankly, even Nigel Pearson) would have this team top two. And I mean anyone. Genuinely, sack Paul Warne and stick a steward in charge and we’ll be doing better. It’s almost impressive how bad a job he’s doing.

A quarter of the way through the season and a team without a goal and only 1 point have just scored against us and taken a point off us. 

A quarter of the way into the season I’d hope as the pre seasons favourites, we’d be performing well enough to not slip up on this banana skin. We should be hitting our stride about now. It is two points dropped as well because the old adage of ‘win your home games and any point away is a good point’ doesn’t work when we’re not winning at home. 

Blackpool gave some respite for me. We attacked them when they left gaps but today was like a home game (our fans were louder, playing a side were huge favourites to beat) and it’s another disappointing result. It was a missed opportunity to go into the international break on a high with back to back wins. 

I know it’s no surprise I just don’t think Warne will get us up. I want him to. I want him to be successful because if he’s successful it means we are but I just cannot see it. Coming up to 13 months in charge which isn’t a small amount of time these days. 

You can point to the Collins missed chance and he should be scoring but for 50 minutes in the first half we were garbage and came out the traps so slowly. 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne couldn’t motivate a P1ss up in a brothel