Derby v Cheltenham (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

20 hours ago, David said:

If we're going to let Cheltenham score one goal, we have to let them score first for the absolute hysterics that would follow.

Obviously in an ideal world they don't score and we make the most of the opportunity to improve the goal difference, but if if they were to score and it was a late consolation goal, so what, you would get the odd grumble but nothing OTT.

Imagine if they score though in the 20th minute, we go in at half time 0-1, oh boy, it would be spectacular, fans would be thinking we're going to be global front news story from the Derby Telegraph to the Afghan Times. 

That 40 minutes of pure entertainment before smashing 3 in the second half ourselves would be perfection.

So yeah, let them score first or not at all please.

You got your alternative wish...

I'm confused though - will I be fulfilling the prophecy if I now say how poor we were in the first-half? Because we were pretty poor.

I understand the decision to rest Bird but I don’t understand replacing him with a striker which changes our shape which was so effective midweek. If Sibley can’t get in to replace Bird in that advanced role of the midfield 3 then maybe he needs to get his agent to find him a club who will consistently play him. 

Nelson nods in the equaliser at the back stick after the keeper made a great point blank save low down, with the ball spinning up in the air for Nelson to attack.

Good time to equalise, not good enough in the first half without being as poor as some are making out. Just really flat performance from the lads. Think the introduction of any of Bird/Sibley/Hourihane/Wilson and even Washington will see us push on and win this.