Simulation theory

Archied

9 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I'd say it's almost inconceivable that we aren't living in a simulation, but then at the same time it's all we have so, to quote the great Billy Davies - "it is what it is"

Just sometimes good to forget the day to day and ponder what it’s all about though I’m struggling with black holes and dark matter 😂

14 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

There isn't a good emoji for this....

So...in this simulation, all the internal stuff in my head is just inserted to create personality? Or is real stuff that has happened in the simulation?

The external stuff eg 'you'.. do you also have your own internal context/depth so are just like me or are you just a projection in my head and not really a 3D character.  So you're are just a bit of an add-on in my simulation?

The double slit experiment shows that observation changes the outcome of the experiment.  This could imply that consciousness is the only tangible reality, which may indicate that all consciousness, from a flower to an ant to a human is real, which could hint at all conscious beings being parts of one whole, which sounds suspiciously like a god sitting in a black vacuum making up stuff so as not going loopy.

On 29/09/2023 at 11:20, Chester40 said:

So...in this simulation, all the internal stuff in my head is just inserted to create personality? Or is real stuff that has happened in the simulation?

The external stuff eg 'you'.. do you also have your own internal context/depth so are just like me or are you just a projection in my head and not really a 3D character.  So you're are just a bit of an add-on in my simulation?

You could be partially right.  To imagine you are the only real being might indicate that you really are a real being.  Only problem is that others have had that same idea, but perhaps then we who have had that idea are the only real beings in this universe and perhaps Chester, we two are the only real people on this forum, hah.😁

Wrote this five years ago.

Note To Self

I have finally figured it out
And know what it's all about
It's a shocking realization
Do you read in anticipation?
I find that rather funny actually
You are not really here factually
When for all is done and all said
You are neither alive nor dead
And I am neither here nor there
There is no here or everywhere
I made it all up on a boring day
It is true man is made out of clay
I am actually writing to myself
There is factually nothing else
I don't care if lines don't rhyme
For I created space and time
You are here for my education
You are only in my imagination
I can do anything I want in here
Beat up a cop or steal a beer
There are no cops there is no jail
Anyway I would get out on bail
I am your God I am your creator
It's merely a show it's just theater
But if it makes you feel any better
I wrote myself a very long letter
You were in it I mentioned you
Wrote of things for you to do
I had fun while making an ostrich
Woman however was a real bitch
Men are simple they are easy to do
Give them sex and feed them stew
So you see this is not even a dream
You must have heat to create steam
Sorry I must break to you this notion
I thank you for service and devotion
Dearest reader you do not exist
You will be missed

Reading all the news articles at the moment about the hunt for extra-terrestrial life, and when you think about the vastness of space and the 200 billion trillion stars in the known universe - you realise that this all has to be a cosmic joke right. It makes absolutely no sense

We are alone, because it's a simulation, and the unknowns of the universe are designed to keep us interested

48 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Reading all the news articles at the moment about the hunt for extra-terrestrial life, and when you think about the vastness of space and the 200 billion trillion stars in the known universe - you realise that this all has to be a cosmic joke right. It makes absolutely no sense

We are alone, because it's a simulation, and the unknowns of the universe are designed to keep us interested

So the stars are like the mountains at the edge of Skyrim, just for decoration and you can't actually get there?