Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Anyone who votes not happy to 3 points, regardless how it was one, are a little strange in my point of view. Surely,  even if you get 3 points in a scrappy way is better than not getting any points. Imagine playing badly and losing.  There would be a few who would be needing sectioning.  I am not happy with the style of play at the moment.  But give me 3 points every time.  Hopefully the confidence will build and the performances will follow. 

Maybe it’s the Warne haters who see the result as a speed bump in their Warne out campaign.

23 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t be deliberately obtuse. I want the manager to accept blame for the horrific performance, which 9 times out of 10 would result in a Derby loss, and focus on improving it. Wilfully ignoring the performance just because we got a fortune 3 points (largely as Carlisle were crap) will lead us nowhere but down.

And who the f*** do you think you’re calling the sky generation?! I left my apartment in London at 7am this morning, won’t get back until midnight, and spent 8 hours and £100 in travel to watch that game today. Im gonna hazard a guess and say you probably didn’t do the same, as you prefer to spend your time on here bullying other forum members. 

Nothing annoys me more than that stereotype about “my generation”. We’ve been through hell and back with this football club, with almost no success in the last 20 years. But because we dare question the s**** performances of the team, we’re the problem? As I said to your other half on here, you keep your head in the sand, the rest of us won’t. This team is going nowhere playing like that, absolutely nowhere.

FWIW, I remember you making similar comments to me when I was critical of Mel Morris’ running of the club a few years back. Think that tells everyone all they need to know about you. 

Yet 3 times out of 4 have resulted in derby away wins ,,,, hmmmm 🤔

On 23/09/2023 at 21:07, Millenniumram said:

I don’t think it is. That was genuinely one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a long time. Our passing was horrific, we had no control whatsoever, and our only hope was launching it forward to James Collins. We barely strung 5 passes together all game. Carlisle played the much better football, and had the better chances - including hitting the woodwork twice and having a stonewall pen turned down.

Perhaps you should stop going for a bit?

You clearly have a strong dislike for the way we are playing and it isn't going to change.

You are then spreading negativity on here too. I just dont know what you are trying to achieve? 

5 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Perhaps you should stop going for a bit?

You clearly have a strong dislike for the way we are playing and it isn't going to change.

You are then spreading negativity on here too. I just dont know what you are trying to achieve? 

I’m not going to stop supporting my team because of the manager. No matter what I think of the football, I’ll be there to cheer them on. 

I come on here to say what I thought about the performance. That’s the point of a forum. I’m not trying to achieve anything, just positing my opinion. If you don’t like it, put me on ignore and create an echo chamber.

55 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m not going to stop supporting my team because of the manager. No matter what I think of the football, I’ll be there to cheer them on. 

I come on here to say what I thought about the performance. That’s the point of a forum. I’m not trying to achieve anything, just positing my opinion. If you don’t like it, put me on ignore and create an echo chamber.

just wondered do you go to all/most of the games or watch on ramstv? If you go that is some shift to put in for the team when you really really dont like the current style of play

44 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

just wondered do you go to all/most of the games or watch on ramstv? If you go that is some shift to put in for the team when you really really dont like the current style of play

I go to pretty much all weekend games. Living in London midweek games are rarely feasible so I watch on RamsTV. 

My support of a manager is dependent on results / style of play - my support of Derby County is not. I will be there whatever, just as I was during administration. That is, unfortunately, the price of loving a football club.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

I was at Carlisle, despite the awful football we are playing.

My love for Derby County is unconditional as is my love for beer, jaffa cakes and Clare Grogan.

Good opening 20, decent last 15. In between they were better but we held firm. They changed shape after Collo's goal. That gave them the upper hand. We didn't counter that change. I sense a pattern emerging. I hope the Head Coach and his staff see that pattern and do something about it. Their change saw them get into the game more, our lack of change helped them. It frustrated our players who then felt the need to take more risks with passes and that led to loss of possession.

In reality, they were incapable of taking advantage of the 55 minutes of superiority. We defended well. Perfectly understandable that Collo got MOTM for his 2 goals and overall work but it could just as easily gone to Wildsmith, Cashin, Nelson or Nyambe on his debut.

17 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Good opening 20, decent last 15. In between they were better but we held firm. They changed shape after Collo's goal. That gave them the upper hand. We didn't counter that change. I sense a pattern emerging. I hope the Head Coach and his staff see that pattern and do something about it. Their change saw them get into the game more, our lack of change helped them. It frustrated our players who then felt the need to take more risks with passes and that led to loss of possession.

In reality, they were incapable of taking advantage of the 55 minutes of superiority. We defended well. Perfectly understandable that Collo got MOTM for his 2 goals and overall work but it could just as easily gone to Wildsmith, Cashin, Nelson or Nyambe on his debut.

image.thumb.png.b29f15251b2dd2bda80676c4b11f4796.png

Can't say I saw 55 minutes of superiority at all. We might have been more in the game though.