Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

There is more than a whiff of entitlement on matchday threads at the moment.

Carlisle never looked like scoring 2nd half. Finishes as efficient away win.

The played some lovely football though. Nothing up front, Plange was never going to be the one to lead their line.

6 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Delighted for the team and the fans that we won. 3 points when we haven't played well is a good result.

Well done, James Collins and our back 4 for securing the win but the result seems harsh for Carlisle.

Our play was poorer than expected and theirs was better than expected. IMO.

Relieved at the result.

I think this is what's called a 'balanced appraisal' and as such it has no place on this forum. Could you please re-submit using solely hyperbolic terms; shocking, chaotic and shambolic are forum favourites, but feel free to improvise. 

With thanks,

15 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Being optimistic we did play some decent stuff for the first 30 minutes and we won 0-2, away from home.  We just need to learn to play the decent stuff for longer. 🐏 👍🏻

It's good to be optimistic, but I'll agree with it's good to win. 😄 

Radio Derby interview;

- Dom pointed out Warne’s first game was a 2-0 away win with a Collins double and a year on the same thing (different opponents of course).

- Warne commented that our performances haven’t been great lately, so he feels how many on here do, but will take a scrappy away win in this league.

- Wasn’t happy with the officials today.

- Said he wanted to give less mins to Barkhuizen, Wilson and Sibley after Tues night to manage their return from injury but Embleton being injured changed things.

- Embleton quad injury taken a corner in training, no timeline yet. 

- Dom asked “where are the injuries coming from?” Warne said “I don’t know” went on to say some of them are disappointing (conditioning issues led to Sibley, Barks and Wilson) others are circumstantial (Bird, Ward, Rooney).

- Feels we weren’t competitive enough at times today, but then also that we were tough to beat. Thinks performances will improve collectively and individually, and acknowledges that winning is important even if a performance was poor. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Warne on radio derby when asked if he wants the wins to turn into better performances: 

not really if we win the next 20 matches with only 1 shot on target that’d do 

I despair. 

If winning the next 20 matches would result in despair, I suggest seeking therapy. We've won away from home, we've kept a clean sheet and Collins has shown that Waggy is not the only striker in form at the club. The performance wasn't great I concede, but your relentless melodramatics are starting to wear very thin.

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Warne on radio derby when asked if he wants the wins to turn into better performances: 

not really if we win the next 20 matches with only 1 shot on target that’d do 

I despair. 

That’s not exactly what he said. He spoke quite a lot about performance and how he’s not happy with them and wants them to improve but how ultimately it’s the results that are looked back on. The context to those comments is key.