Derby v Portsmouth Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Absolute rubbish. Can't believe anyone could post something so wide of the truth.

It's going to be a long, disappointing 4 years. Please stick to the truth before you post.

2 wins from the last 11 home games, going back to the start of March. Think you might be right..... 😴

Just watching that game in isolation, I think there are some massive over reactions.

Tight game against decent opposition. 

We actually created some decent opportunities to get at them, but our final ball/touch were really frustrating. Lots of simple passes going astray and sloppyness at times too. A bit route one at time but the quality of ball was the issue as much as the tactic itself.

Finally got a head of steam up and got the goal.

Only then do I feel as annoyed as others seem to be. Really poor game management and we were lucky not to concede from a simple header. Looked weak from crosses all game and still then just stood off and kept letting them have the ball out wide and not closing down.

Stole defeat from the clutches of victory.

Forsyth MoTM for me. Sibley looked decent when he came on. Washington really frustrating. 

The matchday thread makes me laugh… 

we score and its ei ei ei ei o , thunderbirds are go etc 

we concede and its warne out, mel out , tits out

Zero middle ground

did someone say pompy are 17 unbeaten?

we played crap and should have taken the 3 points 

the playing crap is obviously a concern as is ball retention 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

The matchday thread makes me laugh… 

we score and its ei ei ei ei o , thunderbirds are go etc 

we concede and its warne out, mel out , tits out

Zero middle ground

did someone say pompy are 17 unbeaten?

we played crap and should have taken the 3 points 

the playing crap is obviously a concern as is ball retention 

I can take bad football and winning.

I can take good football and losing.

We’ve got neither, there seems to be no direction, no plan and no improvement.

Warne is a fraud and needs to go.

Just now, oodledoodle said:

Don't agree with me, it's a dark sad path.

Already on the path mate. No idea how to get off. Football used to be a welcome relief every weekend, the chance to end the week on with a bit of entertainment and a good mood. Now, it's rapidly becoming a weekly kick in the nuts just to draw a line under the rest of an already depressing week.

Last season was almost entirely pure relief, that we still existed. The season before that, was just angry for most of it. Leeds away in the playoffs is probably the last time it was actually fun. Seems an eternity ago now.

Wasn’t impressed with the performance but was hoping the late penalty would kick start a bit of confidence and move us on a bit. 

Woeful and self inflicted end to the match. Warne and his staff have got to look at themselves. They instructed the players to dig in and try to grind it out. 11 players on our own 18 yard line or further back from 86 minutes through to their goal. No attempt to keep the ball when we won it back just aimless lumps up field which means it comes straight back at us. 

2 wins out of 11 at home. You know my feelings on our manager suffice to say I don’t feel like I have egg on my face after today. 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Just watching that game in isolation, I think there are some massive over reactions.

Tight game against decent opposition. 

We actually created some decent opportunities to get at them, but our final ball/touch were really frustrating. Lots of simple passes going astray and sloppyness at times too. A bit route one at time but the quality of ball was the issue as much as the tactic itself.

Finally got a head of steam up and got the goal.

Only then do I feel as annoyed as others seem to be. Really poor game management and we were lucky not to concede from a simple header. Looked weak from crosses all game and still then just stood off and kept letting them have the ball out wide and not closing down.

Stole defeat from the clutches of victory.

Forsyth MoTM for me. Sibley looked decent when he came on. Washington really frustrating. 

You can't take this game in isolation. Its been a poor start to the season following a poor end to last season. If Clowes wants any sort of promotion push this season he needs to get shot of Warne asap. Up to him ultimately its his money. Great he saved us etc but the honeymoon period there is over, time to get serious about how long we're content being a league 1 side. 

4 minutes ago, strawhillram said:

That’s terrible and remember this is the third tier

Shrewsbury (D), Fleetwood (L), Ipswich (L), MK Dons (D), Burton (W), Portsmouth (L), Wigan (L), Blackpool (L), Oxford (L), Fleetwood (W), Portsmouth (D).

One's a cup game, which leaves 9 points from 10 games. At home, in the third tier.