Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

32 minutes ago, sage said:

He doesn't have the finishing ability to play in a front 3

I agree that his finishing has been poor, however I personally don't think that all three in a front three should have to be good finishers. Someone needs to supply the ammunition too.

Edited by richinspain
Removed fairly poor to leave poor.

This will be a great bit of business, good age at 26, fast, strong and can create and score goals, best years a head of him, and 300 thousand if correct is a good bit of business, also we are going to be lightening quick on the counter, looking forward to the last 20 games. Hope to get a number 9 in as well, keep Cashin and Bird and that would be a great transfer window for me. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I agree that his finishing has been poor, however I personally don't think that all three in a front three should have to be good finishers. Someone needs to supply the ammunition too.

All 3 need to be a goal threat. He isn't. 

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

We shouldn't be talking to him until his accept our offer, which was today.

Anyway, it was a general question also. You chase a player because you think that's who you want, agree a deal with his club and when you talk to him, you think 'i don't like you'. It must surely happen.

Discussions with Charlton, Blackett-Taylor and his agent had started months ago. The contrcat woth Blackett-Taylor was agreed prior to the fee being agreed with Charlton, hence why this has progressed so quickly after the bid was accepted yesterday.

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He’s a goal threat when he’s defending 😜 

And that's why you don't want him in a back 4.

His part in Burton's first goal was glossed over. Seddon just ran past him with no challenge.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can't imagine the club are going to be too impressed. A gobby agent that leaks like a sieve isn't ideal for Warne's collection of 'good guys' and club culture.

Bless him, he’s never had a client sign for a big club before.

54 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can't imagine the club are going to be too impressed. A gobby agent that leaks like a sieve isn't ideal for Warne's collection of 'good guys' and club culture.

Can't imagine this is true, but it would actually be quite funny if it were!

We should be good going forward but I do worry about us defensively on that left side. Charlton guys certainly don’t rate his defensive contributions.

We need Nyambe back asap.

Would like us to set up 4-5-1 with NML and him wide but dropping back to help the midfield area as required and with three in the centre.