Liam Rosenior

chadlad

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

The time for pretty football will come in the future , for now we need to get out of League One if it means achieving this in an ugly manner then we will have to suck it up, it’s an awful division the sooner we are out of it the better

And what have you seen so far this season to think we're getting promoted?

7 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

And what have you seen so far this season to think we're getting promoted?

The clear and consistent bias of referees in our favour should mean it's nailed on

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

The time for pretty football will come in the future , for now we need to get out of League One if it means achieving this in an ugly manner then we will have to suck it up, it’s an awful division the sooner we are out of it the better

It can’t get much uglier surely! Ugly football, both last season and so far this season, is not producing the desired results.

Even when we get in a winning position we don’t keep the ball and try to control the game. Warne needs to change his approach and believe that football is also about skill and technique and not all about who can run furthest or fastest.

1 minute ago, chadlad said:

Warne needs to change his approach and believe that football is also about skill and technique and not all about who can run furthest or fastest.

Other than NML pre-60 minute mark, I'm not sure anyone watching Derby for the first time would presume running speed to be an important feature of our play!

A lot is made of Rosenoir's away form, unfairly in my opinion (Deserved more against Charlton, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood).

But won 4 out of 5 at home, only losing to the eventual champions and beat a Championship side in the cup

Thought it was a mistake to get rid at the time, and yet to be convinced otherwise.

20 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

A lot is made of Rosenoir's away form, unfairly in my opinion (Deserved more against Charlton, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood).

But won 4 out of 5 at home, only losing to the eventual champions and beat a Championship side in the cup

Thought it was a mistake to get rid at the time, and yet to be convinced otherwise.

If we didn't have Collins upfront and Mcgoldrick was fit from the start of the season he wouldn't have been sacked,Collins being a donkey lost him his job.

21 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

It was a mistake and remains one.

I get laughed at when I ask this question on this forum, which I have a couple of times, but can we have Rosenior back please?

48 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

If we didn't have Collins upfront and Mcgoldrick was fit from the start of the season he wouldn't have been sacked,Collins being a donkey lost him his job.

Think it’s too easy to pile in on Collins. LR was the one who signed him. 

I don’t recall anyone having a mare but Knight’s misses vs Charlton and Fleetwood stick in the mind. Probably stopped a decent start becoming a very good one. 

Unless it was absolute amateur hour behind the scenes, hard to really say why he deserved replacing. Being outplayed by Lincoln and Plymouth and the fan reaction to both probably lost him his job, we looked alright other than that. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don’t recall anyone having a mare but Knight’s misses vs Charlton and Fleetwood stick in the mind. Probably stopped a decent start becoming a very good one. 

Unless it was absolute amateur hour behind the scenes, hard to really say why he deserved replacing. Being outplayed by Lincoln and Plymouth and the fan reaction to both probably lost him his job, we looked alright other than that. 

Collins missed loads of chances in away games which is why we had the 0-0 games was a s*** signing him and Washington are no better than Burton level strikers from recent seasons.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

Was happy to let LR stay and try and work out the problems we were facing last season. But DC decided he wanted to go in a different direction and we have to try and support the new manager. 

Things seem to be working out for LR at Hull, I'm happy for him and wish him all the best. As we know because it's working for him over there, that doesn't necessarily mean it would have worked for him with us. Just as you can argue Warne's Rotherham record doesn't mean he will work out here.  

Football management is a challenging, unpredictable and fickle beast. Maybe neither Warne or LR will/would have found success with us!

Edited by Ramarena

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

When did we get outplayed by Lincoln? The game where we attempted 652 passes, had 67% possession, 10 shots against a very compact defensive (following an early penalty given away), and their keeper arguably deserving man of the match?

Plymouth was 50:50 1st half and ran out of steam in the 2nd half and lost offensive momentum, especially after McGoldrick went off.

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Was happy to let LR stay and try and work out the problems we were facing last season. But DC decided he wanted to go in a different direction and we have to try and support the new manager. 

Things seem to be working out for LR at Hull, I'm happy for him and wish him all the best. As we know because it's working for him over there, that doesn't necessarily mean it would have worked for him with us. Just as you can argue Warne's Rotherham record doesn't mean he will work out here.  

Football management is a challenging, unpredictable and fickle beast. Maybe neither Warne or LR will/would have found success with us!

We are now 6 games into the season, it will be interesting to see where we are after the first 12 games which is what LR got last season I believe. Maybe DC has a few irons in the fire and by then will have had sufficient time to make a judgement on whether to stick or twist.

Some posters on here are saying give PW until the end of the season, others until Christmas.

Personally I believe we do need promotion this season as I don’t think we can afford another season languishing in L1.

6 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It was a mistake and remains one.

I get laughed at when I ask this question on this forum, which I have a couple of times, but can we have Rosenior back please?

It was a surprise at the time and isn't looking very clever at the moment with Hull in a play-off spot. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

It was a surprise at the time and isn't looking very clever at the moment with Hull in a play-off spot. 

I seem to think that Hull were in a relegation scrap when LR signed up so he has certainly enhanced his reputation since joining them.

Wish I could say the same for Paul Warne since joining DCFC.

On 05/09/2023 at 16:27, chadlad said:

We are now 6 games into the season, it will be interesting to see where we are after the first 12 games which is what LR got last season I believe. Maybe DC has a few irons in the fire and by then will have had sufficient time to make a judgement on whether to stick or twist.

Some posters on here are saying give PW until the end of the season, others until Christmas.

Personally I believe we do need promotion this season as I don’t think we can afford another season languishing in L1.

Rosenior had 9 league games and gained 14 points. We played 3 sides who finished in the top 6 and 4 others who finished in the top half of the table. Fleetwood (13th) and Oxford (who had an outlier of a season) were the other 2. On reflection, a very tough start to the season.

Warne would need to gain 5 points from the next 3 games to match that record. So far, we've picked up points in only 3 games. 2 of those sides currently sit in the relegation zone.