Liam Rosenior

chadlad

Good result for Hull yesterday.

While I am pleased for Liam, I can’t help lamenting our loss.

”It feels great as we have come to a massive club with a fantastic coach and team.

"Not just the win, but the manner of the performance and the way we stuck to our guns and pressed the ball. We played some outstanding football.

"I have been here for eight months and we wouldn't have been capable of doing that when I first came in. That's why I keep saying it's a process.

8 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Deserved more of a chance with us, was with us through all the **** was part of the management team that galvanized the players in the worst times, if anything he should've got one full season.

I was surprised that LR didn’t get a little more time. Felt that the players were happy and in his last game (was it Wycombe) they showed they he had their full support.

Big loss really, not just in results but in style of play. A lot of our fans have grown up watching an attractive style of football that is easy on the eye. Many of us will not put up with this PW anti football for very long…

18 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Funny how some seem to think Rosenior played good football here. Pass, pass, pass, pass, lose ball, concede goal etc etc

Zero goals and points from the first 4 away games last season wasn’t it?

Can you recall many goals we conceded from passing it around at the back under him? I can’t.

His away record was poor, can’t really deny it. But it was 4 games. I think you could probably play the Fleetwood game 100 times over and we’d never score 0 in it again. 4.something xG if I remember rightly.

Then we got rid at the first sign of him adapting slightly. He still won more games against top 6 sides than his successor and he was only in charge for about 9 games.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Funny how some seem to think Rosenior played good football here. Pass, pass, pass, pass, lose ball, concede goal etc etc

Funny that. I thought that we were in 7th place, only just outside the playoffs and playing good football as opposed to pub football.

LR had only around 10 games and a very small transfer window. PW has had getting on for a full season on charge and 2 transfer windows. 

Yeah but come on, he had his 12 games in charge and it was clear he simply didn't understand League One football.

A manager who couldn't get Derby to beat any of Lincoln, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood clearly wasn't the man to take us forward.

🙃

Edited by Kokosnuss

7 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Yeah but come on, he had his 12 games in charge and it was clear he simply didn't understand League One football.

A manager who couldn't get Derby to beat any of Lincoln, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood clearly wasn't the man to take us forward.

🙃

Having Derby County in 7th place in League One is clearly something no manager should survive.

Oh… hang on a minute

6 hours ago, chadlad said:

I was surprised that LR didn’t get a little more time. Felt that the players were happy and in his last game (was it Wycombe) they showed they he had their full support.

Big loss really, not just in results but in style of play. A lot of our fans have grown up watching an attractive style of football that is easy on the eye. Many of us will not put up with this PW anti football for very long…

So the "hero" as another poster calls David Clowes...was wrong not to keep LR in place and our football reflects that 🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

🙃

Please explain how PW has improved matters. Currently 10th in L1 and playing cr*p football?

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

We did play good football. Against Charlton, Fleetwood and Shrewsbury away we created numerous chances. Lincoln away was only the really poor one that stands out. It happens. We were crap against them at home under Warne.

Interesting that of Rosenior’s nine games in charge, we played 7 top half sides. 

And our last game was a 2-1 win over Wycombe where we battered a fellow playoff challenger. Will we ever see such stats against a fellow playoff challenger under Paul Warne?

IMG_6330.thumb.png.2a1b39614fae543b2b5e6af8d5bd1978.png

Edited by Bris Vegas

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Zero goals but I think a couple of the games were draws

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

We did play good football. Against Charlton, Fleetwood and Shrewsbury away we created numerous chances. Lincoln away was only the really poor one that stands out. It happens. We were crap against them at home under Warne.

Interesting that of Rosenior’s nine games in charge, we played 7 top half sides. 

And our last game was a 2-1 win over Wycombe where we battered a fellow playoff challenger. Will we ever see such stats against a fellow playoff challenger under Paul Warne?

IMG_6330.thumb.png.2a1b39614fae543b2b5e6af8d5bd1978.png

I must pull you up on the Lincoln game. We had 2 goals disallowed which were probably onside. But all the rest i agree with. Carry on 👍

15 hours ago, The Last Post said:

So the "hero" as another poster calls David Clowes...was wrong not to keep LR in place and our football reflects that 🤷‍♂️

David Clowes is a Derby fan, I am sure he knows all about the history and tradition of this still great club. I am also sure that he must realise that most of our fans want to see football played mostly on the grass and with a style that is easy on the eye. Of course football is a running game and winning is important, but if you can’t win at least play with some skill and style.

Many of our fans grew up in the Clough/Taylor years and I can’t imagine that many of them are happy right now. Sooner or later, if this style of football continues they will vote with their feet and we will lose a good proportion of our fanbase, not just them but their kids and grandkids and the people they bring along.

We are Derby…

1 hour ago, chadlad said:

Many of our fans grew up in the Clough/Taylor years and I can’t imagine that many of them are happy right now. Sooner or later, if this style of football continues they will vote with their feet and we will lose a good proportion of our fanbase, not just them but their kids and grandkids and the people they bring along.

We are Derby…

I'm one of them, 1st game 1966...last game Wigan 2023, It's not easy on the eye, Our fanbase is very strong, Derby is a football town, Mums, Dads and Children will still go, There's a solid hardcore of support, We all want success...then again what's success?, The football and the officials in League1 is awful to watch, People will vote with their feet if over the season it doesn't improve...only time will tell👍