Liam Rosenior

chadlad

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You are over emphasising the point I was making, in that he appointed Warne as it might seem to be a more straightforward path ( ie his experience intimated it) to promotion. No larking. Looking back I said ‘football management recruitment’.

No intention to, it was a point in your post though which I thought was a little harsh shall we say and leave it there.

On 12/09/2023 at 08:54, RoyMac5 said:

So he has the final say and in that case will be responsible for deciding on whether Warne is actually ‘fitting the brief’ - recruitment isn’t always successful and is difficult. So Clowes has no experience in the field of football management recruitment, it’s perhaps not as straightforward as he assumed?

It isnt but as a long term fan he is the same as members of this forum who similarly have no experience but all appear to be experts on identifying and choosing a manager, player/staff recruitment and running the club.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, sage said:

go john travolta GIF by Signature Entertainment

If anyone is thinking of googling images of speedboating, then I'd recommend not doing it on a works laptop. 

I made the same mistake when looking to book a cottage holiday for me and the missus. #donenotgooglecottagingintheuk 😳

What the hell is speedboating? Never heard of that one before. 🤷‍♂️

On 24/09/2023 at 19:12, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm still non the wiser. #Stevenaive 😳

Me too mate.  🤷‍♂️

I've just asked Siri, and she said... and I quote:

It was what was once innocently referred to as "Bully's special prize"... and no, before you ask!

Jeez!  She's a touchy mare, that one! 🙄

• 5 weeks later...

He has all the credentials to be a top coach. He is intelligent, well spoken, understands the need for a club philosophy, identifies players for specific roles and can seemingly sell his idea to players.

Whether he can put all that into practice and become a top coach remains to be seen.

Scott Parker and Frank Lampard were also highly rates and intelligent people. But they have both shown to have major flaws as managers.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

No shocks here, great manager and still young. Clowes made a huge mistake getting rid.

Remains to be seen.  Spent a fair amount of money at Hull and some of the football at Derby was dire, especially away from home.  Not saying he won't be a good manager but it's too early to say.

38 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Remains to be seen.  Spent a fair amount of money at Hull and some of the football at Derby was dire, especially away from home.  Not saying he won't be a good manager but it's too early to say.

Disagree massively regarding football being dire. If his football was dire, words can't describe how bad Warne's is. Money wise at Hull, he's spent slightly more than average sure, but not extortionate amounts, plus they'll make a profit on Philogene easily.

2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Disagree massively regarding football being dire. If his football was dire, words can't describe how bad Warne's is. Money wise at Hull, he's spent slightly more than average sure, but not extortionate amounts, plus they'll make a profit on Philogene easily.

mmm, i remember Lincoln and Shrewsbury in particular, made Warne's team look like Barcelona

53 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

mmm, i remember Lincoln and Shrewsbury in particular, made Warne's team look like Barcelona

Lincoln is the one everyone points out, they had a dodgy penalty and a breakaway from one of our 2 goals that were wrongly disallowed for offside. 

Shrewsbury wasn't that bad lets be honest, typical dull away performance against a team camped in their own box all game.

There were some absolute turgid performances under Warne which were worse than any of Rosenior's:
Exeter (H)
Barnsley (A)
Fleetwood (H)