Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

9 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

"It is possible that the Brighton link is nonsense, but Percy is usually pretty reliable".... Percy and certain member of the DCFC Media team used to work together...which is why he's usually not wrong....

There was of course the 'falling out' over him writing a scoop piece on one of Mel's buyer (forgot which one), which was of course nonsense. So maybe not so 'close' any more?

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

In the WhoScored Team of the Week. Price goes up to £4m!

image.thumb.png.46745225f4f36947747b690d10751c22.png

Also in the Team of the Week for the entire EFL.

Shows you the floor in the ratings I guess. Wouldn't have been in my top 3 players for us on Saturday.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Shows you the floor in the ratings I guess. Wouldn't have been in my top 3 players for us on Saturday.

I doubt many watched him play, just relied on stats and the result?

"Brighton scout Cashin alternative

Brighton could switch their attention to Oxford United defender Stephan Negru if they fail to land Eiran Cashin from Derby County.

The Seagulls are understood to be monitoring the centre-back who has been catching the eye at the Us.

The 20-year-old has played in all four of Oxford's opening five games this season and featured in their 2-1 win at Derby last Tuesday.

Now according to reports in the Irish Mirror, Brighton may turn to Negru and have sent scouts to watch the former Shelbourne defender.

The Premier League side is still keen on a move for Cashin before the window closes next month and have registered several bids for the centre-back.

But they have so far failed to match the club's valuation with Derby wanting a figure north of £3m - and they will also insist he stays on a season-long loan as part of any deal.

Brighton are expected to return with an offer before the window closes on September 1."

Edited by RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Brighton scout Cashin alternative

Brighton could switch their attention to Oxford United defender Stephan Negru if they fail to land Eiran Cashin from Derby County.

The Seagulls are understood to be monitoring the centre-back who has been catching the eye at the Us.

The 20-year-old has played in all four of Oxford's opening five games this season and featured in their 2-1 win at Derby last Tuesday.

Now according to reports in the Irish Mirror, Brighton may turn to Negru and have sent scouts to watch the former Shelbourne defender.

The Premier League side is still keen on a move for Cashin before the window closes next month and have registered several bids for the centre-back.

But they have so far failed to match the club's valuation with Derby wanting a figure north of £3m - and they will also insist he stays on a season-long loan as part of any deal.

Brighton are expected to return with an offer before the window closes on September 1."

🥸

6 minutes ago, richinspain said:

...Brighton could switch their attention to Oxford United defender Stephan Negru if they fail to land Eiran Cashin from Derby County.

...The 20-year-old has played in all four of Oxford's opening five games this season and featured in their 2-1 win at Derby last Tuesday.

Lol, well you know 'lies, damn lies and statistics'! 😄

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

Could just be you have a warped view of football 😁......

Wink Reaction GIF by Charlie Mars

I think Erik Steele was bang on the money with cashin to be honest. Been a good player for Derby but take the “love derby” goggles off, he’s rather one dimensional never seen him (like premier league defenders do nowdays) play with the ball and I’m doubtful he will improve in that aspect to be a premier league footballer. The leap is enormous 

I really want him to be, but I just can not see it. 

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Could just be you have a warped view of football 😁......

Wink Reaction GIF by Charlie Mars

Didn't say he played poorly, just thought that Rooney, Thompson, Wildsmith and Waghorn were all more notable than Cashin.

28 minutes ago, Srg said:

But isn't it a "team" of the week? As in one goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 strikers? Although he wasn't in your top 3 players on the day, was he our best central defender? Could he have been the best central defender in the division? Or would you have put Thompson in the centre of defence for the team of the week?

1 minute ago, EraniosSocks said:

I think Erik Steele was bang on the money with cashin to be honest. Been a good player for Derby but take the “love derby” goggles off, he’s rather one dimensional never seen him (like premier league defenders do nowdays) play with the ball and I’m doubtful he will improve in that aspect to be a premier league footballer. The leap is enormous 
I really want him to be, but I just can not see it. 

But he'll easily be a good Championship defender, so Brighton can't lose. We can.

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

But isn't it a "team" of the week? As in one goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 strikers? Although he wasn't in your top 3 players on the day, was he our best central defender? Could he have been the best central defender in the division? Or would you have put Thompson in the centre of defence for the team of the week?

Potentially, just surprised there wasn't anyone who performed better.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

What gets me is that if Brighton believe he has a chance of making it, then £2m or £3m really makes little difference in the bigger picture.

Do Brighton really believe he has a chance of making it with them? Do they really care?

If Cashin really wishes to go to Brighton I wonder if he believes that he will really break into the Premier League side there and has the Brighton business model, which at present is very different to what he has worked under at Derby County, been explained to him? If he wants to go there, Brighton will view him not just as a player but also a commodity that they can trade as they see fit to further the financial wellbeing of the football club. The policy has yielded good profits for them in the transfer market, above and beyond the money they are guaranteed from the PL and that extra income has been fundamental in sustaining and now establishing them as a PL club on the fringe of European qualification.

Brighton operate their academy and play the transfer market like the stock market - to make money. It is not dissimilar to how Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Man United operate. They buy good young players to develop them. If during the development they prove good enough for the PL, they go into the first team squad. Others go out on loan to develop and if Brighton don't think they suit their own needs, they sell them, usually at a decent profit. They've got seven good goalkeepers for instance already with three of them out on season long loans. They are intentionally top heavy in that department; they do not need that many for their own playing needs but they do to exploit the transfer market for profit.

I like Cashin as a player and I loved his eagerness to sign a contract and stay here last year when the takeover was complete. He’s done well for us and I think he will develop into a good Championship player but I have big doubts at present as to whether he will ever play in the top tier.

Matt Clarke, who we know well, is a good illustration of what Brighton are about. Clarke joined Ipswich Town academy as an U7 and signed a scholarship with the club in the summer of 2013. He was included in the main squad for the pre-season in the following year. He made his professional debut for the club in 2014, and signed a two-year professional deal with the club. In 2015 he joined Portsmouth and in 2019 he signed for Brighton for £3m. Brighton loaned him straight out to Derby for two seasons and then for the next season to WBA. In August 2022  he transferred to Middlesbrough for an undisclosed fee. He played six games before suffering a back injury which has still not been properly diagnosed. He’s 25 now and a football nomad who never once made an appearance for Brighton at any level during the three years they owned him. Did Matt Clarke know what was coming when he joined Brighton? I hope Cashin understands if that’s where he wants to go. There’s often an easy way and a hard way of doing things in life. I think Matt Clarke was forced down the hard route, probably without realising it. He was never a Brighton football player; he was just a Brighton commodity.

16 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I hope Cashin understands if that’s where he wants to go...

I wonder if he has a choice, especially now that Warne wants to spend his transfer fee? Perhaps like Lampard to Chelsea he thinks it's his only chance at the 'big time'?

2 hours ago, Jram said:

I’m surprised by people slagging off Cashin’s football ability. I actually thinks he’s technically excellent. Decent with both feet, very accurate passing into midfield and regularly pulls of long range passes

His touch is good, he rarely looks rushed. I really don’t see where that comes from. 

Whose ?