So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Christ,not rowett...I hated every minute of him being our gaffer.

I think that came from resenting that he replaced Mac,completely needlessly and had an accent that could sour milk.

Plus the football was horrible and I think we could go with a change from that.

Yeah I remember you being fervently against Rowett, fair reflection about potentially resenting the fact he replaced Mac and the football in comparison to Mac was definitely worse no question although I didn’t think it was as bad as some make out. However we are clearly a lot worse now, Rowett may not be your cup of tea but he would definitely be an upgrade on Warne. Of all the managers out there he’d be the one I reckon could get us promoted if not this season definitely next and then get us competitive in the championship. He’s proven he can do it on small budgets, and while you might not be a fan of the football, at least we would have a clear structure and a plan which right now we have neither. 

Rowett was the wrong appointment last time - a complete deviation from playing style of previous managers with players not able to play his way effectively (again another example of Mel’s cluelessness) but this time for where we are at right now he’s a much better fit.

3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’m sorry but you’ve got no chance of Clowes sitting back and letting this play out. 

He will know exactly where the supporter base is at and that isn’t going to change. 

Not changing things now would have the possibility of a lot of supporters turning against the whole club and not just PW and his coaching staff. 

Trust me mate, I’m totally with you, I think Warne should go now.

Sadly though, like it or not, Clowes is very much in the Warne in camp. That’s not likely to change any time soon.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Personally think Eustace would jump at the chance 

Be careful what you wish for, I remember the last time he brought a team to PP they spent most of the match time wasting, he may have changed his style but I thought Birmingham wanted change as the football was not attractive enough.

Not many ex players have been successful when coming back to manage, I am now waiting for the perennial ‘Igor Stimac - he knows the club’.

Edited by Dambuster
Missed word

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yeah I remember you being fervently against Rowett, fair reflection about potentially resenting the fact he replaced Mac and the football in comparison to Mac was definitely worse no question although I didn’t think it was as bad as some make out. However we are clearly a lot worse now, Rowett may not be your cup of tea but he would definitely be an upgrade on Warne. Of all the managers out there he’d be the one I reckon could get us promoted if not this season definitely next and then get us competitive in the championship. He’s proven he can do it on small budgets, and while you might not be a fan of the football, at least we would have a clear structure and a plan which right now we have neither. 

Rowett was the wrong appointment last time - a complete deviation from playing style of previous managers with players not able to play his way effectively (again another example of Mel’s cluelessness) but this time for where we are at right now he’s a much better fit.

If Rowett ever stepped back into the hotseat here I would not go to another game until he's gone...utter crap style of football and remember how we meekly rolled over against a lot of teams ...its a no from me ...Millwall fans here working with me tonight glad hes gone says it all 

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

Maybe but we are a big club with a high profile. I think a lot of people would be interested in managing Derby. However we have to get rid of Warne and gang of numpties first! 

I’m not sure we’re the big draw some seem to think we are. Wonderful, but one-man-band owner who’s guarding the family silver. Good but not great recruitment budget with who knows what available in January, and several of our football playing young guns likely to be off at cut price. Fan base with very high expectations around establishing a style of play ASAP and gaining promotion at the first attempt. 

if I’m honest, we’re a bit of a poisoned chalice!

Edited by DiggerB

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Trust me mate, I’m totally with you, I think Warne should go now.

Sadly though, like it or not, Clowes is very much in the Warne in camp. That’s not likely to change any time soon.

Thing is I’m not sure you’re right here. Two weeks ago maybe, but with what’s happened the past 2 away games coupled with frustration at the boring football being served up at home, a vocal minority are becoming toxic, media are focussing on that toxicity leading to spiky interviews and the silent majority including happy clappers like myself are even now starting to not want him here. Clowes will see this and also as a fan he won’t like what he’s been watching surely. He’s not knee jerk he has the best intentions and he will give Warne every chance but he’s entering last chance saloon now.

Only way I can see Warne seeing out the season at least is a winning run starting right now similar to the one we had last season, that would give him breathing space quieten down the noise and probably just about get him through to the end of the season. Many more losses/draws like the last 3 away games he’ll be gone 

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

If Rowett ever stepped back into the hotseat here I would not go to another game until he's gone...utter crap style of football and remember how we meekly rolled over against a lot of teams ...its a no from me ...Millwall fans here working with me tonight glad hes gone says it all 

Which is rich from them considering he’s been Millwalls best manager for years. 
The crap style was massively overplayed in my opinion, he rolled over against Fulham in second leg that’s the only gripe I had with him along with obviously the way he left. That football is also way better than what we’re currently getting. 

22 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Thing is I’m not sure you’re right here. Two weeks ago maybe, but with what’s happened the past 2 away games coupled with frustration at the boring football being served up at home, a vocal minority are becoming toxic, media are focussing on that toxicity leading to spiky interviews and the silent majority including happy clappers like myself are even now starting to not want him here. Clowes will see this and also as a fan he won’t like what he’s been watching surely. He’s not knee jerk he has the best intentions and he will give Warne every chance but he’s entering last chance saloon now.

Only way I can see Warne seeing out the season at least is a winning run starting right now similar to the one we had last season, that would give him breathing space quieten down the noise and probably just about get him through to the end of the season. Many more losses/draws like the last 3 away games he’ll be gone 

I’ve typed a few times then deleted. Read many though not all posts. Simply too many. Very wary with some posts on here that have ‘appeared’ once theres a toxic environment. 
I like your comments @BramcoteRam84, though you mention ‘last chance saloon’, following words are ‘seeing out a season with a winning run’. Not sure that would be a last chance saloon?
I’ve been a big PW fan. Not going to many games I know leaves me with more patience. But clearly the style has become a huge issue for many, including us in PWs camp. 
Names banded about like we have Arab billions. Simply not the case. DC of course will be well aware, but the real world means we can’t pick who we’d want IF he pulls the plug on the current set up. I have absolutely no idea just now who I’d want. Seeing as PW is here and DCFC are my club I want some winning football. 
For some to say they are walking away from Derby while we play like this….. never walk away from your club, never. Criticise, complain and moan, this forum is perfect for that but please support this wonderful club. 🐏

Edited by SKRam
Added an I

7 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I’ve typed a few times then deleted. Read many though not all posts. Simply too many. Very wary with some posts on here that have ‘appeared’ once theres a toxic environment. 
I like your comments @BramcoteRam84, though you mention ‘last chance saloon’, following words are ‘seeing out a season with a winning run’. Not sure that would be a last chance saloon?
I’ve been a big PW fan. Not going to many games I know leaves me with more patience. But clearly the style has become a huge issue for many, including us in PWs camp. 
Names banded about like we have Arab billions. Simply not the case. DC of course will be well aware, but the real world means we can’t pick who we’d want IF he pulls the plug on the current set up. I have absolutely no idea just now who I’d want. Seeing as PW is here and DCFC are my club I want some winning football. 
For some to say they are walking away from Derby while we play like this….. never walk away from your club, never. Criticise, complain and moan, this forum is perfect for that but please support this wonderful club. 🐏

If I couldn't criticize or complain I'd have nowt to say........

I do think Clowes will still back Warne. It’s in his best short term financial interests to do so and there’s no guarantee his next choice would change the results/style of play.

I don’t think he will be 100% behind him though, he will definitely be considering what his next move might be.

I did think the fans not turning up might be on Clowes mind, but even if we do drop to below 20k per game, then it only takes a new appointment and a string of wins to turn that back around.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Which is rich from them considering he’s been Millwalls best manager for years. 
The crap style was massively overplayed in my opinion, he rolled over against Fulham in second leg that’s the only gripe I had with him along with obviously the way he left. That football is also way better than what we’re currently getting. 

its marginly better...I remember plenty of games sat behind the ball and i was bored to death....rarely on the front foot...fair enough if you'd like him back but there are plenty much better out there than him

And yes may sound surprising but I warned them the football would be hard to watch and they seemed ok with it for a while then starting complaining about the style of play lol....and thats Millwall fans lol as i said says it all really 

40 minutes ago, S8TY said:

its marginly better...I remember plenty of games sat behind the ball and i was bored to death....rarely on the front foot...fair enough if you'd like him back but there are plenty much better out there than him

And yes may sound surprising but I warned them the football would be hard to watch and they seemed ok with it for a while then starting complaining about the style of play lol....and thats Millwall fans lol as i said says it all really 

It'd be dreadful now without a matej vydra popping in the goals.......