So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

There's no way he can stay. 

If I owned the club and there were no fans to consider, I'd give him another month to make the squad gel and decide at the end of November whether to sack him or give him until April. The season is still salvageable and it's normal for teams to struggle with such a high turnover. 

The problem is he's lost the fans. Now failure is guaranteed. The atmosphere in the dressing room will be difficult enough, but as soon as things go a bit wrong on the pitch, the players will really struggle to cope with the toxic atmosphere in the ground. Under those circumstances, team cohesion dissappears, the players become overly cautious and their energy levels drop. 

Warne could be saved by a good run, but the hostility of the fanbase will make that impossible. Players get paid a fortune because, to people like us, football is so much more than 22 men kicking a bag of wind around. We spend our cash because we care. Football needs emotional attachment, and it's a facet of that which makes Warne's position untenable. 

It's best for everyone if he goes now.

1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Yes i go pep then... Corsley has been linked with Ireland and outsider for England let's be realistic! I would love to see Carsley but let's stay level headed

But when you look at other England u21 managers I'm not convinced it's much of a guide to club success.   I mean would anyone take Stuart Pearce ? 

I wouldn't want Carsley but it's not that unrealistic is it - he might get the Ireland job but if he doesn't I can't see what else he'd get better than us. 

What are the realistic options? We’re not going to have the funds to bring in anyone who is currently in a job, so who is available?

Nathan Jones? Suspect we would find in him a similar problem to the one we’ve had with Warne: a manager that works better with small clubs with underdog mentalities. Look at his time with Southampton/Stoke compared to Luton.

Warnock? Off to QPR

Eustace? Will rightly wait for a Championship job 

For me (perhaps controversial opinion) but I think Mark Warburton would be a good fit. Total change of playing style. Ex-Forest I know, but have always enjoyed watching his sides. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

What are the realistic options? We’re not going to have the funds to bring in anyone who is currently in a job, so who is available?

Nathan Jones? Suspect we would find in him a similar problem to the one we’ve had with Warne: a manager that works better with small clubs with underdog mentalities. Look at his time with Southampton/Stoke compared to Luton.

Warnock? Off to QPR

For me (perhaps controversial opinion) but I think Mark Warburton would be a good fit. Total change of playing style. Ex-Forest I know, but have always enjoyed watching his sides. 

Personally think Eustace would jump at the chance 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

get the notts county manager in!!

Think he has publicly stated he has no interest in being involved in player recruitment. We would be going down a very different path, and have to place a lot of trust in Mark Thomas if we did, albeit I do think it’s probably a more sensible way of doing things. 

Options would be (I'm not saying they would come or we would be in for them or want them before anyone slams the list)

Hassenhutl

Lampard

Wilder

Dean Smith

Carsley

Nathan Jones

Jokanovic

Bruce

Warlock

Eustace

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Warnock? Off to QPR

Warburton would be good I agree. It was reported today that Warnock may be off to QPR but it doesn't mean he is. If this gig came up he would fancy it no doubt about it. Beale, who came unstuck at Rangers might be a possibility. I don't think Eustace will 'rightly' wait for a Championship job, he might be waiting a while and he wants to work. He's hardly an established Championship manager, he's only been in post for just over a year.