Is Warne living on borrowed time?

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

We were 7 points clear of 7th and there was talk of an assault on autos… 

What do you want? We had a s*** March? We were 7th going into April and almost limped over, and it didn't happen. People talking about an assault on the autos were in dreamland to begin with, we were never close. 

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Clowes has given Warne and his staff 4 years to establish us in the Championship. He has not been here a year yet. He is going nowhere, even with Darren Moore in the stands. Recruitment team have to look at themselves in the mirror.

Don't think the majority of our fan base would have the patience for this.

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Clough steadily improves sides. I think he has an amazing record of only finishing lower than the previous season 3 times in his management career. 

What is it about our performances this season that makes you think he's improving us?

I said maybe he’s like Clough to be fair, happy to admit I could be completely wrong on that

I think there’s a legitimate concern whether we are getting worse but don’t think it’s wise to decide a manager is making us worse before the end of the transfer window, this early in the season though. He’s not had the summer window he thought we were going to have and we’re under financial restrictions, I have a bit more patience than I would have in 2016

Understand the frustration but not going to bury Warne after three/four games

Ask me that again in October and you might get a different answer

51 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Funny how everyone picks from March (start of our worst period of form) to provide these numbers from. Laughably predictable. Why is March the random arbitrary starting point? 

When was the last time we actually had good form under Warne that would put us in the play offs? 

29 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

That really annoyed me tonight. The club the size of derby and our manager saying an Oxford team is better than ours. He was allowed to bring 7 of the players in. Should of known after he brought springett and Harvey white in what we were in for 

This is where I’m at, it’s not really on, just don’t say it, what does it add? It’s hardly going to win him any plaudits amongst the fans and, worse, just makes him look a bit s***. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

What do you want? We had a s*** March? We were 7th going into April and almost limped over, and it didn't happen. People talking about an assault on the autos were in dreamland to begin with, we were never close. 

We were never close I agree.

But that's because those of us who knew, knew, that our success was based on playing s*** teams and that it would likely fall apart as soon as there was a run of games against teams who occupied any position above (being generous) 10th. And so, sadly,  it proved to be. 

Edited by Kokosnuss

Just now, Kokosnuss said:

We were never close I agree.

But that's because those of us who knew, knew, that our success was based on playing s*** teams and that it would likely fall apart as soon as there was a run of games against teams who occupied any position above (being generous) 10th.

Yes, I agree with that assessment that the run of games against lower teams made us look better than it could have done with a more balanced fixture set. Also contributed to us doing worse with a tougher fixture set later. But realistically autos was never even close to being on. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

So he's not been on target for going on 4 months football terms....  that's enough to get most managers the sack these days. 

Plenty of poorly run clubs in the leagues, they are hardly the gold standard we should be following. 

I think there are 2 critical dangers for Warne now. First, his pressers really aren't professional enough. I wanted to throw my phone listening to him ramble and make jokes on the way home. It was utterly infuriating and he seemed utterly blind to what was going on in the second half of that game. 

Second, if he doesn't turn around the home form in the next 5 he's going to be in real danger of the fan base turning on him completely. The football is terrible, we are going backwards and no-one is happy. He needs to change the system and style of play to actually suits who we do have. We're currently looking more like relegation contenders than promotion material. I would guess Clowes can't afford to sack him but if things keep going the way they have been fans will openly start calling for his head at games which would be the end for him. 

8 minutes ago, sage said:

I met up with one of my Luton mates on Sunday. He told me Bradley had one injury not 2 last year, but also had long covid and that was when his legs went. He is possibly the slowest player I've seen at Derby

That does make sense, the bloke does look shattered . I was expecting an agressive defender in both boxes, which he isn’t at the moment. Is he missing little Luton with their ramshackle ground also?

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Plenty of poorly run clubs in the leagues, they are hardly the gold standard we should be following. 

What and we are well run atm?? My larger point highlighting that btw is also to make short work of your 'it's only been 3 games' defence of Warne. People are losing patience and after falling out of the playoffs as we did and now this start too, I can't blame them. 

17 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

We cant afford to sack him can we

We're stuck with the mug unfortunately.  Clowes was stupid to give him a 4 year deal, he has to change the set up and abandon the 5 man defence starting Saturday.  Next few games are last chance saloon after how we have started but he'll probably still stay even if we are getting battered every week unless he comes to a gentleman's agreement like when Cocu left.

12 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I said maybe he’s like Clough to be fair, happy to admit I could be completely wrong on that

I think there’s a legitimate concern whether we are getting worse but don’t think it’s wise to decide a manager is making us worse before the end of the transfer window, this early in the season though. He’s not had the summer window he thought we were going to have and we’re under financial restrictions, I have a bit more patience than I would have in 2016

Understand the frustration but not going to bury Warne after three/four games

Ask me that again in October and you might get a different answer

Do you see any patterns in play which make you think results and performances will improve once we've 'gelled'?

We may still be under financial restrictions, but we still have a top 6 budget (if not top 2), yet we're getting bottom 6 performances.