v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We leave it as it is and we have no chance of promotion. No chance. That’s the road to oblivion.

We have learnt something. Paul Warne is a crap David Brent wannabe who isn’t fit to coach the local Sunday league team.

have u had your head in the sand for the last 18 months?

did u not see what changing managers ever season did to us!

what bringing a new manager.. with new ideas, new players? Collecting dead wood from previous sackings did?

it aint champ manager u know, u cant just flog a player cos u feel like it and he’ll leave without a whimper 

weve got warne.. he might turn out to be utter s***.. but iv got a feeling we’re stuck with it and have to see where the journey ends 

Edited by NottsRam77

Just now, Millenniumram said:

We leave it as it is and we have no chance of promotion. No chance. That’s the road to oblivion.

We have learnt something. Paul Warne is a crap David Brent wannabe who isn’t fit to coach the local Sunday league team.

Fair play - I may not agree with all your thoughts. But you’re making some bold comments on here tonight and certainly leaving us in no doubt on your views of PW. It’s gonna be interesting to watch how it all unfolds and see whether you’re a clued up 🤓 or clueless 🤪 !!

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's a few genuine laugh out loud comments on here 

The rest is just jaundiced, narrow minded, blinkered drivel.

There's some folks actually revelling in the scoreline tonight as it then in their minds justifies their own biased personal narrative.

Weird. 

We’re all entitled to our view. But at the end of the day i would like to think we all want the rams to win and do well. I’m still hoping we can find a way to turn this round. COYR.

1 minute ago, Malty said:

We’re all entitled to our view. But at the end of the day i would like to think we all want the rams to win and do well. I’m still hoping we can find a way to turn this round. COYR.

I would like to think that too. But after reading back pages and pages of some of the comments on here it's obvious that some posters on here would be happy for us to get hammered every week if it meant Warne the anti Christ then gets removed from his job to satisfy their own prejudices. 

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

At least the football isn't the worst thing about tonight, some of these posts man, Jesus Christ.

Obviously it isn't good, but you get s*** results in the first round of this cup every season. Gillingham are 3-0 up vs Southampton. There's also another 7 Championship teams who aren't beating lower league opposition.

We've played one league game where we shot ourselves in the foot twice but could've taken the 3 points on any other day. The transfer window has 3 weeks left. Of course I'm not happy with the start of the season but I don't need my nappy changing just yet. Some have been through a whole pack of Pampers this evening alone.

No doubt Southampton weren't playing their strongest starting 11, we were, which is the concern 

5 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I don't think people are revelling in the score line, people are in a state of dispear.

No Tyler is totally correct some are revelling in it. There are those raising concerns who dont like Paul Warne, dont want him to manage us and explaining why in a reasonable and rational way which is what a forum is for  but then there are others......

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

At least the football isn't the worst thing about tonight, some of these posts man, Jesus Christ.

Obviously it isn't good, but you get s*** results in the first round of this cup every season. Gillingham are 3-0 up vs Southampton. There's also another 7 Championship teams who aren't beating lower league opposition.

We've played one league game where we shot ourselves in the foot twice but could've taken the 3 points on any other day. The transfer window has 3 weeks left. Of course I'm not happy with the start of the season but I don't need my nappy changing just yet. Some have been through a whole pack of Pampers this evening alone.

Scared Baby GIF

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Wildsmith was excellent last season. OK, Saturday wasn’t his best game but you don’t suddenly change from being a good keeper to being a bad one. 

I agree but I do think Wildsmith’s incredibly high level was dipping towards the end of the season. Is he now nervous about Vickers breathing down his neck or have his handful of pre/early season wobbles had nothing to do with that?

18 minutes ago, Boycie said:

They’ll get used to it then HMS PisstheLeague will finally set sale.

Auto correct has done you there, I presume?

Pisstheleague will set sail, but if pisstheleague sets sale we'll be lucky to bring in a tenner.

Just now, The_Sheriff said:

Are people actually that pissed off we are exiting the cup? 

We dont have depth for 4 competitions and the focus is surely just the league right?  Give it a bit of time before being radical!

I'll be even more heartbroken if we crash out of the pizza cup. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The amount of grown adults in this thread throwing their toys out the pram is hilarious. Oh no, we're out of the cup we were never going to win anyway.

But to be fair, in terms of the more measured comments, it’s the manner in which we’re heading out and what it might indicate for Saturday and beyond.

Just now, Stockyram92 said:

No doubt Southampton weren't playing their strongest starting 11, we were, which is the concern 

They have several first-teamers playing and are being battered by a team two leagues below them. Anyone would think that's what's happening to us tonight.

It's besides the point any way, the point is people are seemingly 'happy' for us to lose after 1 league game because they've turned their backs on Warne. We've got past the first round of this cup every season since 2015 and achieved the square root of F all in each of those seasons. I'm not prepared to write the manager, the coaches and the player's off at the beginning of August.

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Warne is going to get the year, no doubt about that. Regardless of how we start, until we’re completely out of it and the fans are incandescent then nothing will change. 

Expensive business sacking a manager, and I would imagine a business Clowes doesn’t want to entertain until it’s absolutely necessary. 

It only takes a few bad results and the fans will vote with their feet and voices, Sacking PWs entourage will cost a shed load that isn't in the budget, On paper we've signed decent players, On the pitch they don't look so good.

Got a bad feeling about all this as poor performances are hard to get out of, PW has to find a formula(not baby milk)that suits the team, Not a system that suits his beliefs...3 at the back and pressing doesn't look the answer.