v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

They were better than us in every aspect of the game. They embarrassed us in the first half, second half was better but way below what we expect.  (with thanks to Mr Warne, spelling error corrected)

My thoughts exactly.  But I'm not getting paid a pile to make it any different . . . (corrected the spelling for free).

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If someone's head is being turned by Shrewsbury then we have got far bigger problems than I ever imagined.

Fair point. Was just speculating on Warne’s comment, he said earlier in the summer there’s been interest in some players. Bird is subject of interest from Hull City, we know about that. A number of people on here (might actually only have been 1 or 2) suggested there was a multi million pound bid pending for Cashin from a premier league club. And Collins is another where there’s been media talk. 

Just now, nottingram said:

I get that, I thought the second goal killed us on Saturday and we’d have won the game without that. But how many individual errors can you concede goals from before you consider what’s happening and why? That’s 3 in 2 games that have led to goals and from what I can tell it could be more. Cut open twice in two games that haven’t led to goals, when losing the ball high up the pitch because we have our centre backs committing to every attack for some reason. 

Today you have Elder scrambling across for that header for the second goal and Cashin is running back from the half way line? Why? It’s a long ball from them, what’s he doing up there? So yes it’s a crap header and you can look at that but you can also look at the build up to it happening.

I’m not Warne out or anything silly but I don’t think a manager can hide behind individual errors tbh (and I don’t think he would).

I don't think it's about hiding from the errors, but more that I think the players should hold responsibility and accountability for their own performances. I don't disagree that we've conceded some good chances to the opponent such as tonight and the one on one vs Wigan, but we also created a number of good chances ourselves in the first game and I felt the same as you that we would go on to win that game. I think the goals conceded have reframed the start in a way, and whilst tonight wasn't good I think the reaction would have been much less if we'd won the first game. 

I said after the game on Saturday that Bird did not look interested.

Half hearted closing down. Barely put a shift in.

Apparently it was the same again from him tonight.

If he doesn't want to be here. Let him go.

He offers us absolutely nothing anyway.

I'm sure we'll be able to replace the one goal he scored last season.

Abject 1st half. Dismal, no fight, looked like strangers. Kane Wilson is an off the bench cavalry sub. Couple of times when he lost the ball he just plain gave up.
 Nothing wrong with Smithy. He’s probably our most consistent player. Waggy and Wash got nothing to work with. Back 3 looked like strangers. Elder is a good lad, everyone makes a mistake (but why did it have to be now !) he isn’t that quick though is he ? Why do we take so long to move the ball. It was like a friendly kick about. That was embarrassing !

2nd half .. huge improvement. Fozzy is so calm. Huge influence. Liked the look of Brown. Has to be in the squad / bench. Needs time on the pitch. Looks strong positive and with good feet. Waggy and Wash did look more lively until subbed. Bird was a changed man in the 2nd half. What now ?

Warne has a big headache and and a pile of work to do

12 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

From what he said after I think it’s only one player. He said he thinks all his players r going out to give 100% but if one player has something on the table it’s hard to not think about because there not robots, and other people can see it.

What? What? He can't deal with one player having an offer in for them? FFS that's mad.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My biggest concern is that in the space of a week Warne has gone from saying 'the lads are great and everyone is pulling in the right direction', or words to that effect, to 'they've had their heads turned and I don't know what to do'.

We're f*****.

Exactly. How is this possible in the space of a few days. It's bizarre. To me it just seems like the pressure has got on top of him in the moment. He will regret those comments later on.

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

These players are meant to want to play in the Championship. The younger ones. Bird, Cashin etc are also wanting to probably move on and play at a higher level.

If they can only play in one formation they aren't gonna get very far. Managers change formations during games.

They have to learn. He clearly doesn't want them playing sideways or backwards. But they do it anyway.

They have no devine right to go and play at a higher level. They need to show more for Derby County. Bird hardly stood out in League one last season. They need to get their heads down and get this club to where it needs to be.

18 minutes ago, Andicis said:

So to clarify, you are making claims about organisation in a game you didn't watch. Classic. 

I am making a point in response to p e that claimed our team having so many new players meant that it couldn’t be organised and comparing it to the two teams that we have played having a similar number of new players. I am basing this based on the highlights I have seen and talking to those whose views often align with my own. Having just seen the Blackpool highlights there are 3 or 4 occasions they are clear through on goal from just a huge punt forwards, I don’t think that screams a well organised defence and don’t think I needed to be there to come to that conclusion. The same happened in the Wigan game. As it did in other games last season. 

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I said after the game on Saturday that Bird did not look interested.

Half hearted closing down. Barely put a shift in.

Apparently it was the same again from him tonight.

If he doesn't want to be here. Let him go.

He offers us absolutely nothing anyway.

I'm sure we'll be able to replace the one goal he scored last season.

Listened to Warne on the way back from the game. Bird has had his head turned by Hull city? Not exactly Real Madrid are they?Take the £300k and get somebody that can tackle.