Jozwiak Payment

DCFC1388

I think Darren Moore is the only other footballer I’ve seen who has evidently brilliant attributes but can’t actually kick a ball.

Joz was quick, made good runs, excellent ball control, skillful and intelligent. Problem was he couldn’t actually kick a ball with any power and was utterly useless in-front of goal.

If you could combine Joz’s attributes with Tom Lawrence’s striking ability you have a PL player.

Problem is Joz can’t kick a ball and Tom has the footballing IQ of a camel. 

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think Darren Moore is the only other footballer I’ve seen who has evidently brilliant attributes but can’t actually kick a ball.

Joz was quick, made good runs, excellent ball control, skillful and intelligent. Problem was he couldn’t actually kick a ball with any power and was utterly useless in-front of goal.

If you could combine Joz’s attributes with Tom Lawrence’s striking ability you have a PL player.

Problem is Joz can’t kick a ball and Tom has the footballing IQ of a camel. 

Conor Sammon. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I wonder what the dispute could have been? - we either agreed something or we didn’t! 

The administrators tried to pass Lech off as unsecured creditors, resulting in only paying 25% of what was owed. Lech claimed they were football creditors and should be paid in full. FIFA agreed with Lech and ordered us to pay in full or face another 2 year embargo. We reached a settlement agreement woth Lech somewhere in the middle.

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The administrators tried to pass Lech off as unsecured creditors, resulting in only paying 25% of what was owed. Lech claimed they were football creditors and should be paid in full. FIFA agreed with Lech and ordered us to pay in full or face another 2 year embargo. We reached a settlement agreement woth Lech somewhere in the middle.

I like you. As a poster obviously. Unless you’re also good at tapping you’re fingers.

Then I’d like you as a poster and someone who is good at tapping your fingers.

54 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So we sold Knight to pay this 75%?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So why would Lech just concede circa one million euro when FIFA have instructed we have to pay the full amount.

Id love to know the specifics here….

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So why would Lech just concede circa one million euro when FIFA have instructed we have to pay the full amount.

Id love to know the specifics here….

They waived the payment, as the alternative was that he'd have to re-sign for them.

Edited by oodledoodle

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

to  @rammieibs question, perhaps the uncertainty was whether overseas clubs qualify as ‘football creditors’. Don’t think they do on a strict reading of the rules but you can see FIFA kicking up a fuss about that. So not surprising there was horsetrading

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Jozwiak was rubbish, one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched.

I never once saw anything that suggested he would turn out good, but I still held hope, due to the amount of time we spent chasing him, the fee we paid and his 1 minute and 30 second youtube vid.

You don’t become a Poland international and play at major tournaments if you don’t have anything about you.

I remember his debut at Luton and he looked like the only player we had with any intelligence. He had attributes and awareness beyond Championship level.

He just couldn’t kick a ball with any conviction. Hence he was rubbish.

It’s well documented that a Man City coach had him on their ones to watch list and expected him to be playing PL football by now.

Unfortunately for us, he is another who just didn’t reach his potential.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

You don’t become a Poland international and play at major tournaments if you don’t have anything about you.

I remember his debut at Luton and he looked like the only player we had with any intelligence. He had attributes and awareness beyond Championship level.

He just couldn’t kick a ball with any conviction. Hence he was rubbish.

It’s well documented that a Man City coach had him on their ones to watch list and expected him to be playing PL football by now.

Unfortunately for us, he is another who just didn’t reach his potential.

You don't wind up on Derbys bench in a side with limited resources and then wind up at an MLS side at the arse end of a worse quality league if you do. 

You were right with this bit.