Jozwiak Payment

DCFC1388

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

So why would Lech just concede circa one million euro when FIFA have instructed we have to pay the full amount.

Id love to know the specifics here….

Perhaps it was cash up front or being drip fed the debt over a couple of seasons? Maybe less money but now is better for their budget?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps it was cash up front or being drip fed the debt over a couple of seasons? Maybe less money but now is better for their budget?

Possibly but the ruling showed we owed them the final transaction value of just under 3 million Euros.

Dare I say - if we have reached an agreement in here somewhere and we are not paying the full amount, that Stephen Pearson has played a binder? I just can't see on face value why Lech wouldn't expect the whole payment. We couldn't accept the FIFA ruling of not being allowed to sign players so we would have to pay them....

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Possibly but the ruling showed we owed them the final transaction value of just under 3 million Euros.

Dare I say - if we have reached an agreement in here somewhere and we are not paying the full amount, that Stephen Pearson has played a binder? I just can't see on face value why Lech wouldn't expect the whole payment. We couldn't accept the FIFA ruling of not being allowed to sign players so we would have to pay them....

Because as I said maybe we'd have been allowed to pay it over 2 or more seasons? If you needed the cash to pay for a car now it wouldn't help if you'd only got enough for a bus pass over two years would it! 😄

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Unfortunately for us, he is another who just didn’t reach his potential.

He's another we broke by making him do absolutely anything other than play his own game. It's an obsession Derby County seem to have.

He initially came in under Cocu while we had no strikers and the entire teams form was utter s***, but didn't do too badly, showed glimpses of talent but seemed to have some terrible luck (goal against Forest rules out etc). If the club wasn't already a basket case and we'd have been able to keep Martin or sign Dursun things could have worked out very differently for him. He was brought in to play Cocuball and never really got the chance to actually do that.

But Coco leaves and he ends up being passed onto Rooney.

The only type of winger/AM Roooney could ever get a tune out of were the Lawrence and Morrison types - the mercurial long range hit and hopers who'd occasionally score goals out of nothing (I'm possibly doing Morrison a disservice) - which obviously isn't Jozwiak at all, as you've pointed out. 

A more technical wide player in Rooney's system? Their only job was to make the full back look good, to play a supporting role, not to get any 'glory' themselves - but football fans see 'winger' and expect certain things even if the way we were playing doesn't allow them to do certain things, and then they get criticised for the lack of output and called useless.

(Just look at some of the comments about Knight where people expected  him to 'pull up trees' last season even though there were no trees for him to pull!)

The same fate fell on Patrick Roberts when we brought him in in loan, same to Sibley and Knight when Rooney played them wide.

It's a confidence killer, a momentum reverser. Some players recover from it, some don't and some continue to be a shadow of the player they could have been. Sadly that seems to be Jowiak's trajectory.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Given the way things were being done during the mel disintegration phase my guess is there were possibly some "highly disadvantageous" clauses DCFC agreed to in that deal but which were not likely to be enforceable - so some discussion on "if we fight that, it could get messy and you're not likely to win all of it, here's some nice clean money and we say goodbye"

Entirely a guess - and probably wrong - but I could for sure see things no sane club would agree to being agreed to during those times.