v Wigan (H) Match Thread

Day

Just now, GeneralRam said:

Unless Warne starts winning soon, he’s out. He’s starting to lose the fans and that never ends well.

can still stick his f****** why wall up his arse.

1 match, it's also not really Warne's fault that Bradley undercooked his pass back or that Wildsmith didn't get the cross that he came for. 

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

I agree that the squad isn’t complete yet, but I was disappointed with the performance of some today. That early header from Bradley would have changed the whole game. It’s fine margins in football but you can’t gift two goals and expect to win.

Indeed, fine margins and if the Bradley header goes in then perhaps we go on to win, who knows? But then the comments afterwards may be a lot different and maybe we don't need as many new faces as first thought?

I'd rather any flaws in the squad be blindingly obvious early on, rather than realising once the window shuts. Every transfer window has more movement towards the end, it just works that way for some reason. We may have to wait another few weeks to get more bodies in but I think we will have a squad capable of challenging by September.

2 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Unless Warne starts winning soon, he’s out. He’s starting to lose the fans and that never ends well.

can still stick his f****** why wall up his arse regardless of results though.

Can't make out whether this is serious or a joke

Just now, Andicis said:

1 match, it's also not really Warne's fault that Bradley undercooked his pass back or that Wildsmith didn't get the cross that he came for. 

Ultimately Warne is responsible. If the players will not break a ball for him, either they go or he goes. The pathetic errors need to stop. Bleep tests 8am tomorrow morning. Hourihane is a disgrace - made captain by can’t run won’t run. Not setting the pace or the tone. Shadow of the leader and all that. Warne needs to quit with the gimmicks and get it sorted.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He’s still losing the fans support though. Started towards the end of last season, it’s not just the 1 game.

Just now, Rammy03 said:

Can't make out whether this is serious or a joke

Now we have bought in to Warne and he will now have his own squad, we need to give him time to do the job. I would have kept Liam but that’s by the by, but calling for him to be sacked after 1 game is a little bit of an over reaction.

3 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

Ultimately Warne is responsible. If the players will not break a ball for him, either they go or he goes. The pathetic errors need to stop. Bleep tests 8am tomorrow morning. Hourihane is a disgrace - made captain by can’t run won’t run. Not setting the pace or the tone. Shadow of the leader and all that. Warne needs to quit with the gimmicks and get it sorted.

Give over. Warne didn't tell Bradley to make a poor back pass, that mistake sits with the players. They are grown ups, not children. Holding him accountable for actually is his responsibility. 

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

The guy was hitting passes into the crowd. He’s slow and often out of position. He did make a cracking block in the second half but our central defence was all over the place and very slow.

I remember one overhit pass into the crowd - not good obviously.

On the whole I thought he shut down his opponents pretty efficiently, including the brilliant block you mentioned, and used the ball pretty well throughout.

He was also the only centre-back who wasn't involved in the mess that was either Wigan goal. I'd have given him a fairly solid 7.5/10 for his performance today. But it's all about opinions, as they say!

There seems to be some overreactions on here for me.

We know warne Needs/wants another striker and that was obvious today.  We should have had a penalty early doors

We gave both goals away, that’s not Warne, that’s individual responsibility and focus.

Disappointed obviously, I underestimated Wigan, they were much better tan I thought they would be.

Encouraging signs from Ward, I really like him.

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Two comedy gold goals.

Why did Bradley collapse on the ground after he totally misjudged his backpass as if to feign that the reason was he injured himself when kicking the ball back to Wildsmith?

Yep get off your arse and make the effort to get back know matter how pointless it may seem