v Wigan (H) Match Thread

Day

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This half has highlighted perfectly the failure of our recruitment.

A whole summer to sort it out and we still start with Collins up front on his own.

Dunna worry, still 4 weeks left of window...nay bother if we are 10 points adrift by then.

On a positive note, these plastic pint pots are a beaut.

This. The season is 46 games long,not 38. No excuses for not be prepared for the first game.

My take so far:

The good; We have played okay, good at times, we have had 3 good chances to score, 2 missed the target and the other from NML saved well by the goalie after a superb strike from NML.

The bad, crossing is no better than last season & the suicide back pass to gift them a goal. Not sure on NML's role, playing too deep for me. Collins apart from a track back and tackle hasn't done much (so far), Cashin great tackling but poor passing.

Wigan have played okay, compact on defence and playing well on the break.

Ref... no comment

Edited by LincsRam

1 minute ago, Stockyram92 said:

So you're happy with how it's going so far? 

I am. Wigan are a good side who have only just come down. Their goal was a gift. We'd have been 1-0 up if the ref wasn't a div and the only man in the ground who missed that pen. We've had other chances, NML close, Collins close, thought Bradley's header was in too.

This is nowhere near as bad as some people are making out, against a decent Wigan side.