Dajaune Brown

Day

He looks a real handful. I don't think we should expect to see much of him in league this year at 17 but we need to work hard at growing him as a player. He makes some good runs, battles well. Composure and confidence in front of goal and we've got a gem. Get him on a contract so we dont lose him. 

One for the future. 

Hope that he gets some game time, never mind the fact that I like to see our youth breaking through, he is an unknown quantity unlike many of our other players. Teams might therefore struggle to make plans for him and his play, if he has the talent and application that can only be good for us - maybe chalk up 5 or so goals in the replacing McGoldricks goals fund.

9 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Yes and when Arsenal make a bid we don't reject it this time!

I understood why we did and he was good the following season with Wanchope and Baiano. That front 3 was the forward line Gary Neville said he he had more trouble with than any other attack he came up against.  That's some going really.  Unfortunately he then got that torn thigh muscle, started eating takeaways on a Friday night for those who remember and his ego ballooned bigger than the pace he'd lost.

Reminds me of Mason Bennett when he first got into the team, hopefully he finds the composure and avoids the injuries. He definitely has the athleticism and technical ability to help the team this season, but it’s the mental aspect of the game that he will need to mature - unfortunately that’s the part that tends to elude most young players. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Reminds me of Mason Bennett when he first got into the team, hopefully he finds the composure and avoids the injuries. He definitely has the athleticism and technical ability to help the team this season, but it’s the mental aspect of the game that he will need to mature - unfortunately that’s the part that tends to elude most young players. 

I dunno about that.  When I was that age I felt indestructible and could run rings round a 30 yr old with weathered knees. As long as your strong enough to take a whack and hand it back your in the driving seat.  I'd struggle more mentally now I'm old and knackered.

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I dunno about that.  When I was that age I felt indestructible and could run rings round a 30 yr old with weathered knees. As long as your strong enough to take a whack and hand it back your in the driving seat.  I'd struggle more mentally now I'm old and knackered.

I meant more from the point of view of seeing the game develop around you, timing of runs, watching plays develop and, for strikers, finding weak spots in a defence and scoring opportunities. Composure seems to be something young strikers struggle with, no matter what level, a lot of them are twitchy and indecisive in the box.