Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

To be fair Waghorn for me is more like Didzy as could easily drop in to a 10 role and isn’t just a striker 

I don’t think Waghorn would be a terrible signing at all on a 1 year contract 

Good resale value too 😉

1 hour ago, nogbad van 50 said:

My thoughts exactly-knows the club,works hard and can cover 2/3 positions.Good squad player,especially at this level. We all know what he can't do but as Brian Clough used to say about his signings," I've signed him for what he can do!"

I doubt very much many if any of the club owner to the managers and coaches to the playing staff are still here from when Waghorn was here plying his trade so not sure what kind of advantage it is for him knowing where the home dressing room is over other players. 

56 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I doubt very much many if any of the club owner to the managers and coaches to the playing staff are still here from when Waghorn was here plying his trade so not sure what kind of advantage it is for him knowing where the home dressing room is over other players. 

But wherever he has played he’s had a very loyal following. That counts. His attitude is right and Warne has already said numerous times that he wants players who are the right sort of human being. He will know Cash, Bird, Fozzy and probably some of the academy kids along with ground staff and others. I haven’t a single doubt that he’s a contributor to the whole if that’s what Warne wants in the absence of an available affordable and game changing  “golden child” striker

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Bit of a churlish comment from you for a change! Just to satisfy your pedantry it's a reflection of the fact that he's aware of the club and its expectations,the clubs traditions ,the supporters fanaticism and I ,for one,won't forget his celebrations outside the ground after his brace against Sheff Wed a couple of seasons back. He wore the shirt with pride and it's nothing less  than ii'd expect from him.

6 minutes ago, jono said:

But wherever he has played he’s had a very loyal following. That counts. His attitude is right and Warne has already said numerous times that he wants players who are the right sort of human being. He will know Cash, Bird, Fozzy and probably some of the academy kids along with ground staff and others. I haven’t a single doubt that he’s a contributor to the whole if that’s what Warne wants in the absence of an available affordable and game changing  “golden child” striker

PS re: Rhodes! ..

know a Blackburn fan who absolutely rates him. Hard working, team player...

Good friend is a Sheff Wed fan and said he was useless apart from one game v Forest. 

Tbf they paid massively over the odds for him so that's part of the issue.

Edited by Chester40

8 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Bit of a churlish comment from you for a change! Just to satisfy your pedantry it's a reflection of the fact that he's aware of the club and its expectations,the clubs traditions ,the supporters fanaticism and I ,for one,won't forget his celebrations outside the ground after his brace against Sheff Wed a couple of seasons back. He wore the shirt with pride and it's nothing less  than ii'd expect from him.

I know I couldn't resist....I did leave out that he's totally aware of where the goalposts are at PP as his sore ribs will testify.......

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.png.6e4e38420c3afbd1e5abf1f3d0e3bf56.png

Should be an easy one to resolve….. example numbers only;

Rhodes on £8k per week salary 

Derby only able to pay £4k per week

Huddersfield pay Rhodes off at £4k per week saving £4k per week over the year 

Rhodes maintains £8k per week salary equivalent and has the chance to play football 

win win win 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Rhodes maintains £8k per week salary equivalent and has the chance to play football 

win win win 🤷‍♂️

Can't understand the Rhodes link , he's pretty much finished , can't play a full game anymore. 

I thought Alfie May would of been a better shout and prob command less wages  , proven goal scorer at this time and level of his career but thats history now.

I know we have big restraints granted , but surely our projected income is vastly bigger than all of League 1 

and for some to think Waghorn is a good shout really !!

Just now, eddy779h34 said:

Can't understand the Rhodes link , he's pretty much finished , can't play a full game anymore. 

I thought Alfie May would of been a better shout and prob command less wages  , proven goal scorer at this time and level of his career but thats history now.

I know we have big restraints granted , but surely our projected income is vastly bigger than all of League 1 

and for some to think Waghorn is a good shout really !!

I don't like the 'entitled' argument....

But a year out of nearly going bust...

We have strengthened the whole team except the strike-force.

Yet we still have James Collins, Connor Washington...plus Sibley, NML..

And have 2 more signings potentially to come - so Waghorn, Rhodes   ... they may not be exactly what we dreamed of but let's at least have some perspective. 

45 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

win win win 🤷‍♂️

Or perhaps (using your example numbers)….

Derby pay £3k but over 2 years

Hudds pay equivalent of £3k for 1 year 

Rhodes makes more over 2 years than he would staying at Hudds for remainder of his contract. 

25 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I don't like the 'entitled' argument....

But a year out of nearly going bust...

We have strengthened the whole team except the strike-force.

Yet we still have James Collins, Connor Washington...plus Sibley, NML..

And have 2 more signings potentially to come - so Waghorn, Rhodes   ... they may not be exactly what we dreamed of but let's at least have some perspective. 

So there's no point in signing anyone, when they aren't any better than what we have, leave the money in the club. The signing of players in previous years who didn't make a difference and in many cases hardly played like Blackman for instance got the club in the mess of nearly going out of business 

I get the feeling on here any signing would be good choose who it was " just because we nearly went bust" We should know our place 

So I say we need to stop suggesting over the hill players and leave the squad alone , if thats where we are 

1 minute ago, eddy779h34 said:

So there's no point in signing anyone, when they aren't any better than what we have, leave the money in the club. The signing of players in previous years who didn't make a difference and in many cases hardly played like Blackman for instance got the club in the mess of nearly going out of business 

I get the feeling on here any signing would be good choose who it was " just because we nearly went bust" We should know our place 

So I say we need to stop suggesting over the hill players and leave the squad alone , if thats where we are 

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America