James Collins

Keepyuppy

I'm glad about this. It's important to keep at least some of the key members of the "dressing room" together if we want to continue with the brilliant team spirit and togetherness that they had last season.

I doubt he'll be such a key player on the pitch for us this season but, there will be many times that we'll need his fight and rough 'em up attitude in order to get a result.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I'm glad about this. It's important to keep at least some of the key members of the "dressing room" together if we want to continue with the brilliant team spirit and togetherness that they had last season.

I doubt he'll be such a key player on the pitch for us this season but, there will be many times that we'll need his fight and rough 'em up attitude in order to get a result.

Likewise. Keeps himself in exceptional nick as witnessed by his rapid recovery from a pretty nasty knee injury last year. Scored some very important goals too. He might not be a regular starter or score hatfuls this year but he’s a grafter and I still expect him to contribute.

Edited by DiggerB

Collo is a great guy to have around the dressing room who offers something different to Yates. He is fairly big and strong and puts himself about a bit which makes space for others. He is another good option to have up top with Yates who is more a fox in the box and Wash who likes to stretch play.

Need to see how the rest of the window unfolds as to how I truly feel about this. At the moment, he’s good to have around the place, but I really don’t want to have to rely on him at this level for anything more than 10 minute cameos when we need to shake it up, grab a goal or see it out. 

23 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Collo is a great guy to have around the dressing room who offers something different to Yates. He is fairly big and strong and puts himself about a bit which makes space for others. He is another good option to have up top with Yates who is more a fox in the box and Wash who likes to stretch out on the physio table

Missed a bit. 

Be interesting to see how we line up.

Yates, Collins, Washington, Jackson, NML, CBT, Barkhuizen… 

There are that many forward options there that suggest a four at the back… which then brings Wilson into play as a wide-man.

4-4-2? Will we see some departures? Are we wasting money?

24 minutes ago, cannable said:

Be interesting to see how we line up.

Yates, Collins, Washington, Jackson, NML, CBT, Barkhuizen… 

There are that many forward options there that suggest a four at the back… which then brings Wilson into play as a wide-man.

4-4-2? Will we see some departures? Are we wasting money?

I think we will play a mixture of playing 343 and 352. So having versatility across the frontline is key.