Liam Thompson

jono

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Thats great news. We are going to need him I think. I really like the idea of Thompson and Fornah as a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1. 

9 goals and 19 assists in a combined 359 appearances isn't quite what I would be looking for in a midfield 3. Sibley has 26 goal contributions despite a third of the minutes on the pitch and a significant amount of time out of position.

3 hours ago, Scott129 said:

Big boost IMO. Hopefully he can pick up where he left off once he comes back in.

Just me that doesn't particularly want to know if Nyambe felt his groin?

I mean we all do it, but still. Keep it to yourself.

Or was it done in full view of the fans, possibly drawing attention to his wand, hoping for a song like NML?

51 minutes ago, Srg said:

Thompson, Fornah and Bird?!

Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

If Bird is still here after January but sadly I feel he will not be. But if he is then he plays in the middle of the 3 behind the striker with Wilson to his right and NML to his left. If he is not here then Sibley to play there. Neither Hourihane or Smith get in my team as first choice starters.   

For me it has to be Fornah, Bird and Thompson as our central 3 all day long - Thompson has such energy, such tenacity and rat-ability,,,,, if he’s fit he’s first choice in my book. If we don’t he’s going to want to leave to go somewhere else to get game time and that would be an absolutely ridiculous situation to get to !!!  

Edited by Keepyuppy

1 hour ago, Keepyuppy said:

For me it has to be Fornah, Bird and Thompson as our central 3 all day long - Thompson has such energy, such tenacity and rat-ability,,,,, if he’s fit he’s first choice in my book. If we don’t he’s going to want to leave to go somewhere else to get game time and that would be an absolutely ridiculous situation to get to !!!  

Fornah has done what? 

2 hours ago, Keepyuppy said:

I'm not sure there's enough physicality with that midfield three. Fornah's very athletic, sure, but I could still see us getting bullied by some teams.

I hope Thommo stays but I expect Bird to be gone in January, so I'd love to see a proper bruiser replace him. Someone in the Eustace/Shinnie mold.

7 hours ago, Scott129 said:

I'm not sure there's enough physicality with that midfield three. Fornah's very athletic, sure, but I could still see us getting bullied by some teams.

I hope Thommo stays but I expect Bird to be gone in January, so I'd love to see a proper bruiser replace him. Someone in the Eustace/Shinnie mold.

The midfield 3 at Vale, for example, was Hourihane, Fornah and Bird. Hourihane is an absolute turnstile in defence and doesn’t use his height, so it would certainly offer more physicality than that.

Physicality in midfield these days is a little bit of a misnomer anyway. What you really need is to cover ground, press and tackle. And this midfield would definitely be better than any we’ve put out this season at doing that. 

14 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah but who’s gonna replace the cheat code Hourihane? Those first men don’t hit themselves!

What cheat code?

How many passes to our front men does the cheat code make in a game?

Against Fleetwood, Hourihane made more passes backwards to Bradley and Cashin. Leaving them with the responsibility of playing the ball forward.