Jack Vale

Caerphilly Ram

Just now, Anag Ram said:

He’s scored the same number of goals as me

Yeah just had a look and added to my original post. Not exactly prolific but if there’s truth in it perhaps Warne and the recruitment team see something in him 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or it’s complete nonsense and we’re not interested. 

We're at a level where players who come on loan are likely to be youngsters having their first loan experiences, you just need to hope you get someone who does well. Like Brennan Johnson, he went on loan to Lincoln i think it was & smashed it, or ya get someone like Springett who makes little/no impact.

Its always a gamble on youngsters.

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yeah just had a look and added to my original post. Not exactly prolific but if there’s truth in it perhaps Warne and the recruitment team see something in him 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or it’s complete nonsense and we’re not interested. 

He has a decent record at U21 level, admittedly a good chunk of his goals will have come when he was 20+. I did consider him an option, but felt it was a bit risky due to failing to step up to men's football so far. If true, it would suggest we're looking to sign a starter (Washington, Smith, Ladapo, etc..) and a 3rd choice (Vale, Harris, etc...). Collins would remain at the club as 2nd choice.

Just under 1 in 2 at Prem 2 level, suggests he knows where the goal is. Might be a good bench option. You'd imagine he'd prefer to stay local and move to the coast though.

Interestingly (or not) I once loaned him on Football Manager when we had an embargo and he hit 25+ goals in league one. Signed him again but permanently for about £7m a year later and he was a key player to getting us to the premier league.

9 minutes ago, Rample said:

Just under 1 in 2 at Prem 2 level, suggests he knows where the goal is. Might be a good bench option. You'd imagine he'd prefer to stay local and move to the coast though.

Interestingly (or not) I once loaned him on Football Manager when we had an embargo and he hit 25+ goals in league one. Signed him again but permanently for about £7m a year later and he was a key player to getting us to the premier league.

Somewhat misleading due to the number of goals scored when 20+. 9 goals when under 20 vs 15 when 20/21.

17/18 - 174 mins played, no goal contributions (16 years old)
18/19 - 745 mins played, 5 goals, 1 assist, 124 mins per contribution (17 years old)
19/20 - 1142 minutes played, 3 goals, 6 assists, 127 mins per contribution (18 years old)
20/21 - 203 minutes played, 1 goal, 1 assist, 102 mins per contribution (19 years old)
21/22 - 1221 minutes played, 13 goals, 3 assists, 76 mins per contribution (20 years old)
22/23 - 219 minutes played, 2 goals, 1 assist, 73 mins per contribution (21 years old)

29 minutes ago, Rample said:

Thats it then lets snap him up!!

On 06/07/2023 at 08:13, DCFC1388 said:

We're at a level where players who come on loan are likely to be youngsters having their first loan experiences, you just need to hope you get someone who does well. Like Brennan Johnson, he went on loan to Lincoln i think it was & smashed it, or ya get someone like Springett who makes little/no impact.

Its always a gamble on youngsters.

22 isn't that young though is it. Thats how old Brennan Johnson is now, he was more like 19 when he went to Lincoln

• 2 weeks later...