Jordon Ibe

Sean

2 hours ago, sage said:

This is the area I work in. I've fostered kids who have been sexually abused and now am working on preventing self harm and suicide, so frankly this kind of attitude boils my pish.

It's ignorance and self confessed trolling.

I was referring to IBE not delli 

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well documented, normally by himself, last two years of sniping; Festy, Ebiowei, Ibe1, Dobbin, Ibe 2 and now Dele Alli, just for good measure. 

Now let me think, what's the common denominator? 

#ignore

Just stop virtue signalling over IBE ! The views on players are always interesting to generate debate which is why this is called a FORUM> . Not a fan boyz platform for under performing & unfulfilled players.

10 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Just stop virtue signalling over IBE ! The views on players are always interesting to generate debate which is why this is called a FORUM> . Not a fan boyz platform for under performing & unfulfilled players.

You haven't just posted a view on a player though, you've literally advocated against people humanising him which in turn points toward you being OK or even happy to see him dehumanised!

That's not something to be taken lightly, usually reserved for the lowest of the low but it seems all someone needs to have done to reach that status in your eyes is to have wasted their footballing career. Even if everything you say and think about Ibe is true, that's a step beyond normal discourse and into some pretty dark moral territory for a football forum!

2 hours ago, Magicman said:

Not really a debate when everyone else here is calling you out for being wrong. Take it as a learning experience, nobody can get things right 100% of the time.

12 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Not really a debate when everyone else here is calling you out for being wrong. Take it as a learning experience, nobody can get things right 100% of the time.

Not just wrong, but also deeply unpleasant as well.  It seems to be universally the case that those with the most obnoxious of opinions are the ones who have to rely on the old ‘freedom of speech’ argument.  

As I stated no more comment from me on the mental health side of things regards ibe ,, it’s also worth considering though that not all players see the game with the love and passion we fans do , it’s not always the most important thing to them in fact there’s some who don’t really like the pro game and all that comes with it , it is something they are good at and gives them a chance for a good financial living and often we as fans who do love the game begrudge this as we would give our right arm for the talent to be able to play like that,

dustin Johnson stated recently that joining Liv tour would enable him to retire from golf sooner as he didn’t particularly like it , im thinking bugger , I would ducking kill to play like him and have his working life 🤷🏻‍♂️

not saying this is ibe but may go some way to understanding why some react to what they consider wasted talent with more anger than perhaps they should

11 hours ago, Archied said:

As I stated no more comment from me on the mental health side of things regards ibe ,, it’s also worth considering though that not all players see the game with the love and passion we fans do , it’s not always the most important thing to them in fact there’s some who don’t really like the pro game and all that comes with it , it is something they are good at and gives them a chance for a good financial living and often we as fans who do love the game begrudge this as we would give our right arm for the talent to be able to play like that,

dustin Johnson stated recently that joining Liv tour would enable him to retire from golf sooner as he didn’t particularly like it , im thinking bugger , I would ducking kill to play like him and have his working life 🤷🏻‍♂️

not saying this is ibe but may go some way to understanding why some react to what they consider wasted talent with more anger than perhaps they should

Quite a few players have openly admitted to not watching football outside of "work".

Not saying Ibe is one, it's a valid point though.

Some fans easily forget footballers are humans just the same as us, all they see is expensive shirts, tickets, tv subscriptions paid for grafting all week, some on as little as a tenner an hour.

To watch millionaire footballers.

How can they don't be in love with the game? How could they be possibly unhappy in life. That's the assumption and a dangerous one to make.

For some football is just a job.

Whilst the pay is nice, you have 6 weeks holiday a year at set times, can't celebrate Christmas with your family, on the road every other weekend missing birthdays, weddings, other social activities whilst training mode days, watching what you eat, unable to go out down the pub like other lads their ages.

Yes the money is nice, although huge sacrifices are made and I'm not sure what percentage are actually mentally ready for those and the fame and fortune.

Not just with footballers, film stars, musicians, mental health does not discriminate and has sadly taken too many lives already.

I'll leave it there and respect the fact you didn't want to comment on mental health, as I say, you make a valid point wanted to expand on.

Suicide is now the biggest killer of men below 40. Instead of questioning what people have to be depressed about, how about we recognise that not every injury is physical and that a lot of people can't just plaster a fake smile over the top and get on with their lives.

Anyone brave enough to admit that they're struggling is brave enough for our respect and support.

Edited by NorwichExile

• 2 months later...
On 19/10/2023 at 00:00, cannable said:

With the highly pressurised environment football has become and with how precise (and boring) systems and tactics are becoming… ever wonder what would have happened in his second spell if we just said “do what you want, have fun and skin a few full-backs”?

He was already a shadow of himself then. I wonder more about what would've happened if Liverpool hadn't recalled him during his loan spell and where we could've gone with him. So many different scenarios, but we are where we are now.

On 14/07/2023 at 12:54, Magicman said:

No virtue signalling here mate, I'm flat out calling you a bigot 😂

8 hours ago, Magicman said:

No just stating the obvious he wasted his talent despite being supported .

Just goes to show how difficult some of these "injuries" can be, despite being surrounded by experts.

A bit like that motorway pile up victim they failed to save, despite him still breathing when he arrived at the hospital, and him being "in the best hands"... but with less gore!  

If you ever get to a stage where you look upon war vets in wheelchairs as being lucky, as their injuries/missing limbs are visibly obvious for everyone to take notice of and act accordingly, whereas your own son's war injuries are invisible, PM me, and I'll try to help you through it.

Tvvat!

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just goes to show how difficult some of these "injuries" can be, despite being surrounded by experts.

A bit like that motorway pile up victim they failed to save, despite him still breathing when he arrived at the hospital, and him being "in the best hands"... but with less gore!  

If you ever get to a stage where you look upon war vets in wheelchairs as being lucky, as their injuries/missing limbs are visibly obvious for everyone to take notice of and act accordingly, whereas your own son's war injuries are invisible, PM me, and I'll try to help you through it.

Tvvat!

Drama queen !!