Jordon Ibe

Sean

29 minutes ago, jono said:

I have always found your posts rather blunt and shortsighted. With this you have reached new lows. 

Do you have children ? You were one yourself once. Just consider what you have just said. 
If your legs were amputated but you got the best wheelchair money could provide, would you be ok ? 
Do you have even the slightest understanding of humanity ? 

Ahh yes the famous magic man laugh emoji. How sad 😢 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Let’s just hope he never needs help the way that some of these players have, and leave it at that. Because I think several people would get banned if they said much more. 

I don’t like bans. Entirely negative. I don’t want an echo chamber. 
He is offering an alternative view, no matter how odious it should be heard so we know what’s out there. Apart protecting the site owners from libel actions along with threats of violence or incitement of the worst kind there is no good reason for bans. 

Edited by jono

4 minutes ago, jono said:

I don’t like bans. Entirely negative. I don’t want an echo chamber. 
He is offering an alternative view, no matter how odious it should be heard so we know what’s out there. Apart protecting the site owners from libel actions along with threats of violence or incitement of the worst kind there is no good reason for bans. 

It’s not him I’m advocating for banning. The masses would be banned for telling him what they think of him, which would be against forum rules. 

58 minutes ago, Srg said:

It’s not him I’m advocating for banning. The masses would be banned for telling him what they think of him, which would be against forum rules. 

Yes, no worries mate, I understood but it makes the ban thing a joke (as it always has been) only reason for a ban in my mind is legal protection or actual threats/violent incitement. 

On 26/06/2023 at 21:20, Magicman said:

I might just post something to get a reaction. 

On 28/06/2023 at 06:00, Magicman said:

Well, that's a good start... angry reactions so soon. 

On 28/06/2023 at 12:05, Magicman said:

Gotta keep this up now.  I'll soon have them all thinking I'm a right Bamford!

On 28/06/2023 at 12:38, Magicman said:

I'm actually rather good at coming across as complete scum.  I didn't realise how easy this would be.

5 hours ago, Magicman said:

Just realised it's not just for show afterall... I really am a Bamford.

4 hours ago, Magicman said:

I actually don't give a s*** about anyone, or their feelings.

still a Bamford...

This is like the best wum ever. Mwahahaha

Edited by Mucker1884

9 hours ago, Magicman said:

Not at all - GT had physical injuries that ended his career - Ibe never matched him. Ibe wasted his chances. 

So you're a hypocrite then? Why is one okay, and the other "can't be arsed". Physical injuries and mental health are no different. After reading the other responses you have made in this thread, I won't be responding to you again. Your views are disgusting.

9 hours ago, Magicman said:

Deli Ali is another over paid talent who wasted it over the last few years because he could. Ibe i have no doubt has excuses too ....

Did someone sexually abuse you for 6 years as a child?

I hope not.

If not, you cannot begin to imagine the demons he will live with, demons that money and fame cannot fix.

Your comments say more about you than they do about him.

46 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

@Magicman see there’s been no response. Obviously like to pull the pin and run. Total cowardess if you ask me. I would tell you what I truly think of you but I enjoy the escapism that this forum provides too much to get banned. 

Its free speech and sadly some like to jump on posters whose views don't fit with theirs. 

13 hours ago, David said:

Having access to the best support is one thing, accepting that support is another.

I don't claim to know what Ibe has or is going through, I do however have my own experiences with mental health issues and know just how hard it can be taking that first step in admitting I had a problem, then getting the support.

I wasted 6 years of my life as I thought I was a man, strong enough to pull myself around. I wasn't.

Money can fix so many problems, need a house, buy one, need a new car get one.

Money can not buy mental well-being, so yeah I think you're being a bit harsh here.

It's easy to be flippant and brush it off as wasted talent without knowing the personal circumstances.

On a day that an interview with Deli Alli has been released which revealed he was sexually abused as a child and became addicted to sleeping pills, wanting to retire at 24...I don't know, just thought as a fellow human being we could all be a little more, kind?

Maybe I'm expecting a little too much from anonymous users behind computer screens.

This has become a hard one for many people to get they’re heads around but for me I certainly find it easier to make the distinction of these young people ( often men ) who have the world at they’re feet and more in material terms than most of us can dream of , falling apart and in the main only really hurting themselves and they’re own lives , I find it hard not to have sympathy for them and believe they have mental or emotional issues that they struggle to overcome , we are as a society getting better at seeing this but as with everything it gets spoiled and blurred by some ,

also I do question , if we are getting it so right in our approach why are suicide rates among young men going through the roof ? 

5 hours ago, sage said:

Did someone sexually abuse you for 6 years as a child?

I hope not.

If not, you cannot begin to imagine the demons he will live with, demons that money and fame cannot fix.

Your comments say more about you than they do about him.

Not you in particular but I see a lot of venom verging on hate towards magic man for giving an opinion,

how do you know that mental health issues or abuse issues have not touched him personally or close family wise and he takes a different perspective from his experience? Some survive by having to toughen up , by believing there’s a point you just have to work on your issues and take responsibility for now , I know with my personality traits and some of the shxt I’ve gone through that if I didn’t do some of that I would be drowning in the bottom of a bottle , locked up or dead ,

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Not you in particular but I see a lot of venom verging on hate towards magic man for giving an opinion,

how do you know that mental health issues or abuse issues have not touched him personally or close family wise and he takes a different perspective from his experience? Some survive by having to toughen up , by believing there’s a point you just have to work on your issues and take responsibility for now , I know with my personality traits and some of the shxt I’ve gone through that if I didn’t do some of that I would be drowning in the bottom of a bottle , locked up or dead ,

Just to counter this, how does the member in question know what Ibe has gone through to be so critical of his career?

Also to be so flippant over Deli Alli suffering from sexual abuse as a child, calling it an "excuse" is disgusting.

@Magicman, I see you are claiming free speech, let me stop you right there, we have terms of use for this forum which you might want to go and read.

You do not have the freedom to be offensive, which some of your comments are borderline, maybe think about how your words may affect others that are reading this forum.

On 28/02/2023 at 21:40, Magicman said:

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Of course you’re right Archied. We all have demons but many of the comments haven’t been venomous, they have invited him to consider the background to these players situations, he is able to defend himself or his argument. No one has threatened him. Yet he doesn’t seem interested beyond his own opinion. You get maybe a laugh emoji or posts where he states he enjoys winding others up. 
You sound as if you have worked extremely hard to defend yourself against your own demons which is both courageous and honest. I am struggling to see anything similar from Magicman that even considers a bit of self reflection. 
We are urged to be kind. I think this is noble as a philosophy but consider his routine flippant assassinations of young players ,maybe he isn’t a victim of past traumas, maybe he just holds views that others find unpleasant. sometimes things can be as simple as that 

30 minutes ago, jono said:

Of course you’re right Archied. We all have demons but many of the comments haven’t been venomous, they have invited him to consider the background to these players situations, he is able to defend himself or his argument. No one has threatened him. Yet he doesn’t seem interested beyond his own opinion. You get maybe a laugh emoji or posts where he states he enjoys winding others up. 
You sound as if you have worked extremely hard to defend yourself against your own demons which is both courageous and honest. I am struggling to see anything similar from Magicman that even considers a bit of self reflection. 
We are urged to be kind. I think this is noble as a philosophy but consider his routine flippant assassinations of young players ,maybe he isn’t a victim of past traumas, maybe he just holds views that others find unpleasant. sometimes things can be as simple as that 

To be fair your also right to a degree and I made the decision to not end my post with the words , it might also possibly be that magic man is just a bit of a knob 🤷🏻‍♂️but in my experience very few of us are lucky enough to breeze through life without being touched in some ways by the issues being debated , im not saying it to be a smart arse ,

it’s hard to put into words without someone taking it as heartless or harsh but my feeling is that we have moved from one extreme to another ,, in the old days there was ONLY the option of tough love , suck it up and put one foot in front of the other , we are much better now but there really is still a time and a place where that’s needed too, these issues are very wide ranging and there really is no one size fits all answer for the best way for people to survive, move on and get the most from life they can and someone saying on here or elsewhere that kind of answer MAY? Be them telling themselves what’s best for themselves , who knows , we are all different and I often fall into the trap of thinking what works for me will work for others 🤷🏻‍♂️
anyway I’m going to leave that as my final opinion on the thread as it has the possibility to descend into unpleasant 

Edited by Archied

On 28/06/2023 at 12:05, Magicman said:

That was my point mental health is treatable and people continue to live life , play sports and carry on. 

Same could be said for cancer treatment, and yet some folk continue to suffer, and some folk get it recorded on their death certificate.

It's almost as if such treatment doesn't carry a 100% success rate!  🙄

7 hours ago, Magicman said:

Its free speech and sadly some like to jump on posters whose views don't fit with theirs. 

You can say what you want, but when you're wrong then expect it to be pointed out. This isn't a matter of subjective opinion, you're just straight up incorrect, and I can cite various sources that unequivocally prove that... 

Whether it's a wind up or not, I can't understand where the fun in making yourself look stupid on the internet comes from? 😂

3 hours ago, Archied said:

This is the area I work in. I've fostered kids who have been sexually abused and now am working on preventing self harm and suicide, so frankly this kind of attitude boils my pish.

It's ignorance and self confessed trolling.

Does make me giggle -or not- that I brought up the fact that I'd seen a counsellor for 2 years in relation to a player and the need for care.  I still have some issues that raise their head now. What is said or not said in the public domain really gets my goat if it's not coming from that person.  At no point was it thought to admit too that an open forum isn't something many would do, or, why this may have been. abuse, violence, bullying, anxiety, agoraphobia or none of these but something else. 

Instead I got hammered for about two hours with claims I didn't know what I was talking about, had lost an argument, laughing emojis and screams of an anti manager agenda resulting in me responding adversely to someone calling me a t*** later in the evening.  Some of those are very vocal in their indignation and how someone having counselling should be treated in this thread. Hmm.