Jordon Ibe

Sean

On 28/06/2023 at 06:00, Magicman said:

Most people in his position would have access to the best counsellors and medication so no excuses he should have been able to play but my view is he couldn't be arsed - too much money too young and off field distractions. 

I've seen some terrible takes on this forum in the past but this is right up there.

1 hour ago, ripleyram88 said:

George Thorne had access to the best facilities, doctors and medication too, but he ended up retiring. I guess you also think that he "couldn't be arsed" too?

Not at all - GT had physical injuries that ended his career - Ibe never matched him. Ibe wasted his chances. 

5 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Not at all - GT had physical injuries that ended his career - Ibe never matched him. Ibe wasted his chances. 

What do you mean when you say, never matched him. In terms of effort? In terms of appearances, Ibe made more than Thorne, generally at a higher level. Either way, I'm not sure how valuable the comparison is, since physical and mental problems are so different. I don't really know anything about Ibe's situation. I think you're being too harsh in simply dismissing any mental problems outright, but I also think most other posters are too lenient in simply assuming that all Ibe's problems must be a result of factors outside of his control.

14 minutes ago, Anon said:

What do you mean when you say, never matched him. In terms of effort? In terms of appearances, Ibe made more than Thorne, generally at a higher level. Either way, I'm not sure how valuable the comparison is, since physical and mental problems are so different. I don't really know anything about Ibe's situation. I think you're being too harsh in simply dismissing any mental problems outright, but I also think most other posters are too lenient in simply assuming that all Ibe's problems must be a result of factors outside of his control.

He had access to the best support services and treatment so luckier than most . 

Just now, Magicman said:

There is some truth in that. I struggle to empathise too much with millionaire footballers when there are so many average joes (and janes) who can't simply have a 2 to 3 year career break and have to drag themselves out of bed each morning regardless of whatever personal demons they're facing because they have rent/mortgages to pay and families to support.

20 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Having access to the best support is one thing, accepting that support is another.

I don't claim to know what Ibe has or is going through, I do however have my own experiences with mental health issues and know just how hard it can be taking that first step in admitting I had a problem, then getting the support.

I wasted 6 years of my life as I thought I was a man, strong enough to pull myself around. I wasn't.

Money can fix so many problems, need a house, buy one, need a new car get one.

Money can not buy mental well-being, so yeah I think you're being a bit harsh here.

It's easy to be flippant and brush it off as wasted talent without knowing the personal circumstances.

On a day that an interview with Deli Alli has been released which revealed he was sexually abused as a child and became addicted to sleeping pills, wanting to retire at 24...I don't know, just thought as a fellow human being we could all be a little more, kind?

Maybe I'm expecting a little too much from anonymous users behind computer screens.

Just now, David said:

Having access to the best support is one thing, accepting that support is another.

I don't claim to know what Ibe has or is going through, I do however have my own experiences with mental health issues and know just how hard it can be taking that first step in admitting I had a problem, then getting the support.

I wasted 6 years of my life as I thought I was a man, strong enough to pull myself around. I wasn't.

Money can not buy mental well-being, so yeah I think you're being a bit harsh here.

It's easy to be flippant and brush it off as wasted talent without knowing the personal circumstances.

On a day that an interview with Deli Alli has been released which revealed he was sexually abused as a child and became addicted to sleeping pills, wanting to retire at 24...I don't know, just thought as a fellow human being we could all be a little more, kind?

Maybe I'm expecting a little too much from anonymous users behind computer screens.

Deli Ali is another over paid talent who wasted it over the last few years because he could. Ibe i have no doubt has excuses too ....

2 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Deli Ali is another over paid talent who wasted it over the last few years because he could. Ibe i have no doubt has excuses too ....

Think about what you're saying. Zero compassion. Let's hope if someone close to you ever suffers, you find a little more humanity from somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Think about what you're saying. Zero compassion. Let's hope if someone close to you ever suffers, you find a little more humanity from somewhere.

Stop giving him humanity blimey the lad has been given so much already he has just wasted everything .... I have exposed his abuse of clubs who paid him very well. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

First sentence, nailed it.  The first step to solving the problem is recognising one exists.  And blokes in particular at not very good at recognising or accepting they may have a mental health problem.

13 minutes ago, David said:

I have no words.

I've got some words:

"Let's play Countdown"

16 minutes ago, Magicman said:

8 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Stop giving him humanity blimey the lad has been given so much already he has just wasted everything .... I have exposed his abuse of clubs who paid him very well. 

countdown-nick-hewer-s-first-rude-word-9

Edited by Kokosnuss

It is a shame with Ibe, looking on his social media, he seems happiest when he is with his daughter, he just needs to focus on her and forget everything else.

A Chesterfield supporting friend of mine was excited at the prospect of signing him and looking forward to tearing up the Conference. I said my honest opinion was that I didn't think he would every kick a ball again either as a pro or semi pro. In the Dele interview he says he was that low he wanted to retire at 24 and lost the hunger. It is sad to hear that those who appear to have everything from the outside struggle with meaning and happiness.

31 minutes ago, Magicman said:

28 minutes ago, David said:

I have no words.

I can lend you a few....

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I am sure getting abused as a 6 year old would not have any impact on you? Watch the interview and then offer an opinion.

The impact of someone's childhood and how they're brought up, what they learn and what they experience shapes and effects their entire life.

Unless you're a footballer, then as soon as you get a big contract every single problem and bad experience vanishes for good. Don't you know that's how it works?

47 minutes ago, Magicman said:

You're not intelligent enough to be commenting on these things. I regret being even slightly restrained in my comments before now.

Having facilities at your disposal doesn't magically fix mental health issues. ''Because he could'' implies an element of control over his outcome... I reckon being molested as a child is going to mess you up to the point football doesn't matter. If he ''could'', i'm sure he would have been a worldbeater week in, week out; the fact he COULDN'T highlights how damaging MH can be. 

I cannot fathom not having the self-awareness to realise how clueless and uneducated you're coming across...

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

I have always found your posts rather blunt and shortsighted. With this you have reached new lows. 

Do you have children ? You were one yourself once. Just consider what you have just said. 
If your legs were amputated but you got the best wheelchair money could provide, would you be ok ? 
Do you have even the slightest understanding of humanity ?