Guess the 5

DCFC1388

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

He said similar in January and we just ended up with Toby Springett, who was about as good at football as me

Slight differences 

we were under an embargo and heavy restrictions last season so were severely hamstrung on what we could offer… common sense suggests that if we didnt land our limited range of targets it was due to financial constraints as much as anything.

January is also notoriously difficult window to deal in, warne said that, every manager says that. He also said that “one of the targets had gone back into his clubs first team picuture … which is a shame, cos hes a good player” 

But obviously u keep bashing warne and fitting whatever story around your agenda against him

Can i ask u a question?

would u rather warne went out and with a scatter gun appoach and buy 7-8 players straight off the bat to plump up the squad and appease the moaning minority that want transfers now.

or would rather he took his time and got players that are the right fit for the club and will represent good value, some of whom might not be available yet??

this isnt championship manager u know….theres no “oh that didnt work ill flog that group of players off in the january and bring in a load of cheap Norwegian superkid regens”

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Slight differences 

we were under an embargo and heavy restrictions last season so were severely hamstrung on what we could offer… common sense suggests that if we didnt land our limited range of targets it was due to financial constraints as much as anything.

January is also notoriously difficult window to deal in, warne said that, every manager says that. He also said that “one of the targets had gone back into his clubs first team picuture … which is a shame, cos hes a good player” 

But obviously u keep bashing warne and fitting whatever story around your agenda against him

Can i ask u a question?

would u rather warne went out and with a scatter gun appoach and buy 7-8 players straight off the bat to plump up the squad and appease the moaning minority that want transfers now.

or would rather he took his time and got players that are the right fit for the club and will represent good value, some of whom might not be available yet??

this isnt championship manager u know….theres no “oh that didnt work ill flog that group of players off in the january and bring in a load of cheap Norwegian superkid regens”

I think it would make sense to wait and see what happens with Knight and Bielik. No point buying bargain basement players now when we could potentially pay a little for quality later in the window.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

He said similar in January and we just ended up with Toby Springett, who was about as good at football as me

These new players will have to be a better than Springett. Unless we are just building a team to get out of a very poor League 1. Next season we could be in a league with Leeds , Leicester, Southampton , Norwich , Watford etc . All getting £40 mill a year parachute money. Ipswich will be cannon fodder next season. These player have got to be able to hold their own in the Championship.

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

No they won't, they'll finish top half.

Bookies seem to agree with you . They have Plymouth and Rotherham as favourites to go down . But they had Leicester City at 16-1 to go down this time  last year. I have a feeling Plymouth could suprise. But I had them at 5-1 to win the League last year after they won at PP.

I think Warne and Clowes will want to get some of the long lasting pending transfers out of the way and finally over the line so I'm thinking:

Ian Storey-Moore

Ferre Bodde

Yakabu 

Jutkeweiz

And some hitherto unknown German centre half.

(I know I'm being sarcastic but I do genuinely love the fact that we must be moving on players and noone has any idea who, fills me with hope that we are dealing with players who want to come, not agents wanting to up the offers/commission)