Knight Sibley Bird Bielik

simmoram1995

13 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

So I’ve been wondering about these four , the qualities they bring and the potential cost they could bring in. 

realistically we’re in a position I think we could keep only one as we need to be a sustainable club moving forward.

out of these id keep bird I think consistently he’s been the best out the lot.

as for Knight and sibley they just have no pushed on and the fact that knight has a year on his contract (unfortunately for you B4) he has to be sold and he’s definitely not a £5m + player.

as for Bielik it’s going to be a huge loss on his astronomical fee we signed him for but I think we could still get £1m+ maybe £1.5m at a push due to injury record.

so taking on board this I think:

keep bird 

sell 

sibley £300-750k roughly 

knight £1.5- 3m tops

bielik £1-2m tops 

Well I disagree with you mater

Selby worth at least 3m

Knight with at least 10m

Belik at least 5m.

For me, Knighty is the one we should keep. I’ve seen him playing for Ireland and looks a cut above when played in midfield. He has something which none of the others do, which is to run at players, take them on and commit defenders. When we are playing teams that come to PP and park the bus, it’s all well and good having Bird and Hourihane playing sideways balls in the middle third but you need someone to take the momentum and drive the team forward. Don’t think we really utilised that enough this year.

Bird and Bielik are very similar. I think Bielik probably has the more technical ability but he’s a bit of a George Thorne, injured too often to be consistent. Bird has had an up and down season, no doubts he was in great form before the injury. Hopefully he can get back to that.

And as for Sibbo, he has this fantastic ability to be composed in the box and just waits half a second longer rather than snatching at chances which is where most of his goals come from. Unfortunately, he is too easily marked out of games and goes missing too often. 

For me… in order of who we should get rid of:

1. Bielik

2. Sibley

3. Bird

4. Knight

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Selby worth at least 3m

Knight with at least 10m

Belik at least 5m.

I know you’re a Derby Super Fan B4, but where do you come up with these figures? No club is going to pay £10 million for Jason Knight in the current market, especially as he only has a year left on his contract. 
Same with Bielik. 

Sell Bielik (high wages and Knight (would command largest fee).

Keep Sibley and Bird. 
Knight was underwhelming given his ability. He should’ve bossed this league, but didn't, even when played central . I’d take 2 million. I like him, but can’t see him staying.

Bielik will leave due to wages. Any fee would be a bonus. 
Bird and Sibley still have more to offer. I don’t see it as a case of sustainability though. On form, they’d be class and are what we need in this league and the next. Wages are low ish and if they turn it on their value will multiply, as long as they sign new contracts. I rate Bird highly, actually think he is more key than Knight is. 

46 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I know you’re a Derby Super Fan B4, but where do you come up with these figures? No club is going to pay £10 million for Jason Knight in the current market, especially as he only has a year left on his contract. 
Same with Bielik. 

As said previous times he plays for irland and he has great abbiltley if others can as stupid money why cant derby. He can play in a prem team and go onto great things.

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

As said previous times he plays for irland and he has great abbiltley if others can as stupid money why cant derby. He can play in a prem team and go onto great things.

He does have ability, and he is an Irish international, that doesn’t automatically mean he’s worth £10 million. Other factors come into it, like how long is left on a contract, is the player in high demand, does the player have a really high ceiling meaning they will go onto great things, goals and assists….there is very little chance any club is going to pay that kind of money for Jason Knight.

The most recent “big money” transfers out of league one have typically been for goalscorers, for example Burnley paid something like £3m for Scott Twine after he’d scored 20 goals in the league for MK Dons the season before last. Brentford signed Ivan Toney for £5m after he scored 24 goals for Peterborough in the 2019/20 season. As much as I like Jason Knight I really believe the club won’t see anything like £10m if he is sold this summer. 

I think it is unlikely to happen but I would make a case etthat keeping Beilik would be our best scenario. Sat in front of a back 3 or 4, he can tackle aggressively and head a ball (far superior to Bird). He also has good vision, awareness and passing ability. In my opinion he would be an upgrade on Bird. He managed 30 odd appearances for Brum last year so hopefully his injuries are behind him. He would also contribute more goals than Bird, Knight as he is a major threat at corners, free kicks. 

if we sold 2 of the others we may be able to afford his wages and he is more able to adapt to the “promised land” if we ever get there. Don’t think we will keep him, but wish we could.

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Selby worth at least 3m

Knight with at least 10m

Belik at least 5m.

As others have pointed out B4, Scott Twice was arguably the best player in league 1 last year and he was signed for £3m. 
He had a much superior season to what Knight has just had too. 

I think we’ve missed the boat with getting silly money for average players unfortunately. 

If we can get £3m rising to £4m for Knight and Bielik combined I think we’ll have done well. 

Knight cost nowt and deserves a shot higher up. Bielik costs us a fortune with no return likely. 

£3-4m spent wisely in this division could revamp big parts of the squad and make us overall a better outfit. I’d keep Sibley and Bird. 

14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

If you want to access his impact, see what happened to the team that was flying and on a long unbeaten run, after he got injured. 

You could probably apply all of your criticisms to Jan Molby from the Liverpool team of the 1980s.

I didn’t realise it was Jan Molby’s fault that Warne didn’t get us promoted! 🤪

I'm a big fan of Knight although I was underwhelmed with him last season. Although i acknowledge that playing at right back and right wing back wouldn't have helped his case. If we can get between £2m - £3m for him i think take the money and invest elsewhere. 

Bielik will leave because of his high wages, think we've been unlucky with him throughout. But the fact he stunk out the world cup and then the second half of the championship season has done us no favours. Think £1.5m - £2.5m will be as much as we'll get for him.

Sibley and Bird could both well stay, but other than the inconvenience of us having to replace them, i wouldn't shed a tear on either leaving. I think Bird is a bit lightweight and Sibley has just stagnated and seems destined to never fulfil his potential with us. Think we'd get around £750,000 for LS and between £1.5m - £2.5m for MB.

11 hours ago, Dan_Ram said:

For me… in order of who we should get rid of:

1. Bielik

2. Sibley

3. Bird

4. Knight

knight - not our choice. he’s basically told us he’ll stay only if his agent can't find him a decent deal in the championship.  Better that he goes - his poorish form last season will have put him firmly in ‘i need to go’ frame of mind 

sibley - apart from oxford, we barely saw what he’s capable of this last season. And he didn’t take his chance up front at the end  of the season. For a championship club to make a decent offer would now be a leap of faith. Wouldn't be surprised to see him still here next year and sadly under warne it may not be the best place for him

bird - hard to say. He might just be a better footballer for the championship than league 1.  But maybe he has such a strong link w the club he’d prefer to return to the championship with us next season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay

yes, bielik is now a misfit and we need to move him on for everyone’s sake

League one is where clubs go shopping for bargains and if you add Cashin to those four mentioned then we have a possible 5 very decent players that clubs will come in for - what we will accept is the worry - can we actually offer longer contracts now? 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

knight - not our choice. he’s basically told us he’ll stay only if his agent can't find him a decent deal in the championship.  Better that he goes - his poorish form last season will have put him firmly in ‘i need to go’ frame of mind 

sibley - apart from oxford, we barely saw what he’s capable of this last season. And he didn’t take his chance up front at the end  of the season. For a championship club to make a decent offer would now be a leap of faith. Wouldn't be surprised to see him still here next year and sadly under warne it may not be the best place for him

bird - hard to say. He might just be a better footballer for the championship than league 1.  But maybe he has such a strong link w the club he’d prefer to return to the championship with us next season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay

yes, bielik is now a misfit and we need to move him on for everyone’s sake

When did Knight say that? I haven't seen that anywhere.

38 minutes ago, angieram said:

When did Knight say that? I haven't seen that anywhere.

not long after xmas. He made it known he’d want to be with us if we were promoted but implied strongly that if we weren't he’d be off. And I think (though not certain) it reflected comments allegedly made by his international manager  Wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the fringe of a prem side next year (Luton, Burnley?) - I reckon he's the only outfield player we now have who could live at that level (if you exclude an injury free Bielik)

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

That's potentially if he sustains 2-3 seasons as a stand out championship player, he's hardly pulled up any trees in league 1 but is still young enough