Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I thought he was good vs Stoke but a bit poor on the ball vs Chesterfield. My comment was naturally a bit hyperbolic but league one defenders playing with the ball too much is of some concern generally. 

He’s just shown what he can offer with a bit of strength and composure to take control of a wild pass back in field from Cashin with Sheff United threatening. 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Its one game.. if its his only mistake of the season i wont give a f***.

if he makes a couple over the season i stil wont

if its a recurring theme than fair enough

bit early to judge though dont u think? 

Exactly NottsRam77, a bit of a nonsensical comment.

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Some people are desperate to find their new scapegoat for the season.

collins has a temporary reprieve due to his pre season form. 

Who's scape goating? He made a mistake, I indicated he might be a bit error prone. Keep clutching those pearls.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Who's scape goating? He made a mistake, I indicated he might be a bit error prone. Keep clutching those pearls.

i think its a bit soon to be suggesting hes error prone cos of one mistake in a pre season friendly and about 4 games with new team mates

Maybe the context was lost in translation 👍

Edited by NottsRam77

13 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Way too short up front and all our passing is sideways or backwards. 

This has been a problem for years. We just are not physical enough. Middle can’t track back. No pace anywhere. Bradley brings height at the back, but that’s it. Opposition teams know they won’t be in a physical battle and can play their game. We make it way too easy having no weapons to hurt them. That is why I’m opposed to Waghorn and Rhodes, they just bring more of the same short ass one gear knackered after 60 mins player.

24 minutes ago, Andicis said:

An error prone centre half is bad news. In any game.

Thought the bigger error was Cashin not bothering to get back. The camera behind the goal shows him not bothering to get back assuming they were going to score but then Bradley blocked and he attempted to get back too late. Nelson at least got close to the guy who shot. Mistakes happen.

Solid enough first half showing against a side which includes 2 or 3 full internationals who’s combined worth is allegedly more than our whole club (the money in football is stupid!). 
Their goal came from a mistake and a bit more effort to get to the second ball. We’ve created chances and had 4 corners. Bird doesn’t look phased matched against Berge. Plenty to be pleased with for me.

4 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

This has been a problem for years. We just are not physical enough. Middle can’t track back. No pace anywhere. Bradley brings height at the back, but that’s it. Opposition teams know they won’t be in a physical battle and can play their game. We make it way too easy having no weapons to hurt them. That is why I’m opposed to Waghorn and Rhodes, they just bring more of the same short ass one gear knackered after 60 mins player.

Relegation nailed on then by the sound of things. 😀

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought the bigger error was Cashin not bothering to get back. The camera behind the goal shows him not bothering to get back assuming they were going to score but then Bradley blocked and he attempted to get back too late. Nelson at least got close to the guy who shot. Mistakes happen.

Yes - 9 times out of 10 (or more) Cashin gets away with that because the attacker either scores off the first chance or the second shot is saved/misses. With hindsight, he looks slow to get back, because if he had hurried he would have been in position to do something about it. Might seem harsh but I think Warne will see it this way too.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

i think its a bit soon to be suggesting hes error prone cos of one mistake in a pre season friendly and about 4 games with new team mates

Maybe the context was lost in translation 👍

I think he looks a bit uncomfortable on the ball when he is pressed. I didn't think his distribution was great against Chesterfield or so far today. No need to be defensive.

5 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

I thought we did OK first-half in terms of physicality. Bird has been getting stuck in, Smith hasn't shirked anything, Collins should probably shirk more than he does (since it usually results in a foul!), Cashin and Hourihane tried out some weighty tackles. I've seen flimsier Derby teams.