Summer Rumour Mill

sage

26 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

passing accuracy (57.6%) is so low

I don't have the data to back this up, I wouldn't read too much into pass accuracy, he could be trying harder, more creative passes.

For example, I think everyone would agree that the most creative player in the world currently is De Bruyne. He has a 72% pass accuracy which is in the bottom 8 percentile compared to other midfielders, yet he's the most creative player in the world. Pass completion as a single stat doesn't really tell you much.

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

I don't have the data to back this up, I wouldn't read too much into pass accuracy, he could be trying harder, more creative passes.

For example, I think everyone would agree that the most creative player in the world currently is De Bruyne. He has a 72% pass accuracy which is in the bottom 8 percentile compared to other midfielders, yet he's the most creative player in the world. Pass completion as a single stat doesn't really tell you much.

Understood, just 57 seemed particularly low.

Although I don't like the 'key passes' stat he does rank highly in that so, as you say, it could just be that he plays riskier passes with a higher potential gain.

Something along the lines:

rams set for a triple transfer swoop.

derby county are close to competing a triple transfer swoop with Aden Flint , Sean Clare and Ruben Rodrigues being lined up.

derby  are also looking for a couple of strikers with  Sam smith , Alfie May and Billy sharp touted as possibilities.

basically recycled rumours 

22 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Something along the lines:

rams set for a triple transfer swoop.

derby county are close to competing a triple transfer swoop with Aden Flint , Sean Clare and Ruben Rodrigues being lined up.

derby  are also looking for a couple of strikers with  Sam smith , Alfie May and Billy sharp touted as possibilities.

basically recycled rumours 

Exactly 👍

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

17 goals from 90 shots (5.29 shots per goal) is about as clinical as you're likely to get at this level, 3 of the goals were from outside of the box so he's possibly not just a poacher and you don't get 9 assists by accident 

Seems odd then that his passing accuracy (57.6%) is so low, so not entirely sure what his deal is... other than there being another year on it!

He looks tidy, and knows where the chances are likely to fall, although some of the defending for his goals was woeful! I wouldn't mind us spending a bit on him. Unless anyone knows different!

On 30/05/2023 at 13:45, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think with this one, we do know. Xhaka’s weekly wage is probably close to if not more than our entire squad’s wages put together. He is an international midfielder who plays week in, week out at the top level of football, he will not be moving down 2 divisions to join Derby County, no matter how much we all love the club. 

You killjoy 🙄

8 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Out of all the strikers linked I’m surprised no one is seriously looking at Sam nimble from Exeter. 17 goals and 9 assists and they finished below mid table. Only 24 so in the age bracket and only has a year left 

Sam Nimble you say? Sounds like the best thing since sliced bread.

5 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Looks like Big Trav was spot on concerning Flint . Any word on Jordan Smith - just released , South Normanton lad ? He would give Wildsmith competition.

Another one I coached at cricket, Not a bad wicket keeper. Nice lad.