Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How have they bullied us?

Not met our asking price and consequently we have not sold him.

Fail to see where the bullying is?

Get your point. 

Think their point is more ‘Brighton have hundreds of millions and have dragged it out until it’s too late for us to have a good deal. Now Cash will go most likely for £1m/£2m in Jan where the market is difficult to replace’.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

There were two ways this could have gone, the way in which Brighton arsed about and missed out, or the way they paid us what we wanted and we did a deal with enough time to spend the money on the squad.

Brighton decided to arse about.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In as much as they dragged it out trying to save a pittance by Prem standards, wasting our time and disrupting Cash's start to the season...they behaved badly. It's a dog eat dog world though, so no complaints as such here.

I'm quite glad we didn't end up signing a RWB that we were apparently looking at as a last arrival, even if no names were actually linked.

Ward and Wilson won't be too far off, especially as we'll have breaks with upcoming international breaks in September and October. Rooney has played well so far and deserves to continue playing. It also makes it more likely for us to go with 4 at the back rather than 5. We are so much better with a 4.

Selling Cash for 4m if true would've been a great deal I really don't see how keeping him until Jan is going to end up with a 4m deal....be lucky to get 1.5m so not good news 

I really don't get the comments about keeping him because he will be out of contract end of season and he's not the quickest 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Selling Cash for 4m if true would've been a great deal I really don't see how keeping him until Jan is going to end up with a 4m deal....be lucky to get 1.5m so not good news 

I really don't get the comments about keeping him because he will be out of contract end of season and he's not the quickest 

We might as well keep him until the summer and get a tribunal fee if he doesn't want to stay.

Promotion is worth more than any fee we can get for him at this point.

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

I wouldn’t blame derby on this one, we can only sell for what we’re offered. Brighton had all summer to stump up the money, not like they’re short of it 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

I don't get why so many fans want us to sell our best centre half and one of our best players when we're trying to get promoted. This isn't football manager. The new centre halves haven't pulled up any trees yet so how would selling Cashin definitely help us?

13 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I would like to say I’ve proven myself to be pretty spot on a lot of times this summer. It’s your choice to listen or not but all these snarky comments that I’m receiving are not really needed when all I’m doing is passing on information that I’m told. 

Stay with it BT, 90% of us appreciate you.  

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

It depends but it’s far more plausible it would have been structured, say:

£750k upfront.

£250k per year over four years.

£150k for every 10 PL appearances up to £1.5m

£750k if Brighton finish in the top four.

4 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

RIP Summer Rumour Mill 

May 13th - September 1st

You will be extremely missed, all the ‘ITK’s’, all the arguments about pointless stuff, all the comments about things which have nothing to do with transfers, you were good to us all.

Still got the potential free agent Warne was on about

1 minute ago, inter politics said:

I don't get why so many fans want us to sell our best centre half and one of our best players when we're trying to get promoted. This isn't football manager. The new centre halves haven't pulled up any trees yet so how would selling Cashin definitely help us?

All if, buts and maybes but if DC allowed PW to reinvest we maybe could’ve signed a top striker and a decent replacement for Cash.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

It depends but it’s far more plausible it would have been structured, say:

£750k upfront.

£250k per year over four years.

£150k for every 10 PL appearances up to £1.5m

£750k if Brighton finish in the top four.

Regardless if the club got 4m up top or the above that only helps us off the pitch.

On the pitch we would have been weaker! 

3 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Because he can go for peanuts if he doesn't sign a contract and 4m if true is a good offer thats why