Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Just now, dcfcjj said:

Feel like there is something wrong with the Fornah deal, if he did a medical and media 2 days ago there is no reason why it wouldn’t be announced already most likely. Starting to worry about it now

Somebody's definitely got something wrong, haven't they?

I said the contract was being signed yesterday, Big Trav said he had photos done the day before that (which I don't think would sit right with my info), and Warne says the two players might sign today 😂

But I'll stand by my source - the only way it could be stronger is if it was the player himself. I've also not heard anything about it falling through, etc.

2 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

Feel like there is something wrong with the Fornah deal, if he did a medical and media 2 days ago there is no reason why it wouldn’t be announced already most likely. Starting to worry about it now

We had players like Vickers signed for weeks before we announced it. Granted that was before pre-season, so it’s a little different, but I wouldn’t worry just yet.

We have to have him registered by midday tomorrow for him to be eligible for Saturday. As far as I’m aware, there’s no condition that says the club have to tweet a photo of him holding up a scarf to make it a done deal.

It may be a case that we’re awaiting a double announcement, but will announce it tomorrow at the latest. If nothing happens tomorrow then there may be an issue, but I wouldn’t worry yet.

4 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

The wording of Warne’s answer makes me think it’s a done deal as some posters on here have said and for whatever reason the club has sat on the announcement;

Asked for an update ahead of the trip to Posh, Warne said: "Hopefully by 6pm tonight, there will be something out there. That's what I am hoping.

Might just be my optimism reading something more into it. 

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Because maybe actually he isn't that amazing, when you take away the added premium of he has 'signed for someone else so the bed-wetters now need to hype him up as Warne missing out on the next Roberto Carlos'?

Dunno personally, never seen him play.

Exactly this...the anti Warne brigade will turn any target into a crap useless player we don't need 

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

To be fair, it would seem based on evidence that Paul Warne himself will turn any target into a crap useless player we don't need.

Yep, Sonny Bradley has gone from supposedly captaining Luton to promotion to the Premier League to a player who struggles more to a read a game than Stevie Wonder would. Paul Warne I tell ya.

Don't forget the road works on Nottingham Road, they all started the day after Warne joined Derby..jus sayin 

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How so?

"Taylor Gardner-Hickman is an English footballer who plays as a defender for EFL Championship club Bristol City on loan from West Bromwich Albion. 

Born: 30 December 2001 (age 21 years), England

Height: 1.88 m

Wikipedia"

Whenever I’ve seen him he’s been quality, lots of energy and would definitely be able to play in a top 2 team in league one 

Just listened to the pre match press conference;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0g8jxw7

Dom Dietrich asked him if the 2 pending signings are both midfielders and Warne replied “no they’re not, you’ll have to wait and see like everyone else”. Not sure whether that means neither are midfielders or if it’s a midfielder (Fornah?) and a striker/winger or something. Hopefully the announcement isn’t too far away. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Dom Dietrich asked him if the 2 pending signings are both midfielders and Warne replied “no they’re not, you’ll have to wait and see like everyone else”. Not sure whether that means neither are midfielders or if it’s a midfielder (Fornah?) and a striker/winger or something. Hopefully the announcement isn’t too far away. 

Everybody getting excited about us signing a striker with pace…

…welcome, Andy Yiadom 😊

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It's gonna be a right wingback.  We need to get back to playing 3 at the back as soon as possible, and make sure we don't play Rooney for more than 1 game in 10, don't we Paul... 🤮