Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, Rample said:

You are correct on the first point, I used to know some local non-league players when Albion were in the conference and it was definitely a factor for them.

Seems the ruling has now changed and  if a players move includes a salary drop then the former club must still pay the difference for that period. Imagine that still that means we're still chucking Davies a few quid a week through July.

Section six of the EFL’s rules and regulations says, “If such Player's application is successful he shall continue to receive from his Club as severance payment his weekly basic wage for a period of one month from the expiry date of his contract or until the Player signs for another Club, whichever period is the shorter, provided that where a Player signs for a Club within one month at a reduced basic wage then his old Club shall make up the shortfall in basic wage for the remainder of the month.”

Cheers for that, I didn't make it up then even if the theory was incorrect!

3 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Must be able to run for 90mins, Have a great attitude, Able to get on with other players, Does as he's asked by the coaching team, Eats his greens, Doesn't mop his plate up with a slice of bread, Doesn't slurp his tea, Must be able to drive, Must be able to salute Sir David Clowes at every opportunity and doesn't mind doubling up in bed when away on a training camp...and finally not after a great wage 😁 

Also- must spit on the ground every time Chris Martins name is mentioned and if they turn out to be any good -They have to be prepared to walk away on a “Free” at the end of their contract.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Isn't the team off to Spain this weekend? If that's the case, you'd have thought we'd want to bring a couple more new signings with us. So I'd be expecting more deals by the end of the week.

You would think so. Would be strange to jet off to Spain, work on tactics and shape for the upcoming season with another 5 or 6 players to add to the squad.

9 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

No insider knowledge but have a feeling today will be good 

Think bbc and Leigh Curtis down at moor farm today to speak to Warne so if no signings today will at least get an update on where we are at, long way to go get rather wait for the best players in 2/3 weeks than sign anyone we can now

14 minutes ago, Topram said:

Think bbc and Leigh Curtis down at moor farm today to speak to Warne so if no signings today will at least get an update on where we are at, long way to go get rather wait for the best players in 2/3 weeks than sign anyone we can now

Dont think there's any suggestion they're signing anyone they can other than certain posters on here!

Really do hope we're getting our business done behind closed doors early. Nothing worse than things happening too late, I remember Lampard holding out until preseason to decide he was leaving, left us in the poo by having us to find a new manager/players with hardly enough time.

I'd hate to think we're waiting for Knight to make a decision to see whether we have money to sign x,y and z, because in my opinion, we need all our players in and ready with the proposed system.

Let's see some good news today 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Edited by SK47