Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Deadline day is just a frenzy whipped by the media and some fans get carried away and unnecessarily down when it’s quiet. Sure we’ve been linked to some exciting targets (at this level) but it looks like that to get them means selling one of our own who deep down many of us want to see grow with the team as we rise up the pyramid. 

Clark sounds like he would be a good signing and give us another midfield option. I think the current squad is more than competitive enough to at least put us in the promotion mix and then we re-assess in January when it feels like we won’t be quite as restricted as last season when even if we sold the silver we weren’t able to reinvest it. 

Personally while it would be sad, I hope Brighton meet our ask for Cashin (ideally with a loan back but that’s doubtful) and we can do a bit more business but if not, I’m happy with what we have especially with TJJ and Fornah now here.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Don’t expect much happen today, Bobby Clark sounds done. Exciting player. Expect a final bid by Brighton. If that bid is too good to turn down then it might be a busy day. 

I’d be quite happy with that.  We only need more in defence and attack if both Cashin & Collins go.  I can’t see BHA rushing to sign a L1 defender on deadline day only to loan him out straight away.  And we’d need that money to be able to bring anyone else in, particularly Clark-Harris or Ladapo.

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I’d be quite happy with that.  We only need more in defence and attack if both Cashin & Collins go.  I can’t see BHA rushing to sign a L1 defender on deadline day only to loan him out straight away.  And we’d need that money to be able to bring anyone else in, particularly Clark-Harris or Ladapo.

Southampton have paid £20 mill for Taylor H-Bellis from City . He has never played Prem football . Brighton only want to pay £3 mill for Cashin. Why don’t we ever get top dollar? And don’t even mention the price of Brennan Johnson is up to £60 mill plus now!