Summer Rumour Mill

sage

On 17/07/2023 at 08:44, Ambitious said:

I started looking into strikers who had a lot of early promise, but as of yet haven’t hit the ground running in senior football. One name caught my eye - Tyreece John-Jules. 

A good size, athletically impressive but with the football ability to match. He started well for Ipswich last season, well liked by their fans, but injuries really cost him his chance of developing further. Now, there are rumours that he may join them permanently but I’d like to think we could jump in and offer him a more immediate route to regular football. 

No idea what Arsenal want, but would assume he’s cheap and available. He’s in the last year of his contract and now wants somewhere to settle - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22461118/arsenal-transfer-news-tyreece-john-jules-ipswich/

In terms of value and upside, I doubt there will be many better options available to us this summer in that position. 

If the Transfer Thread is anything to go by………we’ll done Ambitious.

would be an excellent signing

I actually kinda feel for PW at this stage, every time he does an interview because he thinks we’re about to sign somebody something goes pear shaped 😂

Anybody that’s had anything to do with Derby over the last few years knows that setting time limits or saying the word “imminent” is like signing your own death warrant. 

5 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I actually kinda feel for PW at this stage, every time he does an interview because he thinks we’re about to sign somebody something goes pear shaped 😂

Anybody that’s had anything to do with Derby over the last few years knows that setting time limits or saying the word “imminent” is like signing your own death warrant. 

Seems very strange how all these so called signings we have lined up appear to drop off the cliff.

Just now, Ram1988 said:

Very true. Maybe it's 6PM at the never ever time zone.

Does anyone understand what is going on with these recent transfers? What is all the constant yeah there's incoming, oops no there's not, s***? This is worse than poor old Rooney and the take-over talk! 😄

Why not just keep quiet? This latest 'two by 6pm', why?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Does anyone understand what is going on with these recent transfers? What is all the constant yeah there's incoming, oops no there's not, s***? This is worse than poor old Rooney and the take-over talk! 😄

Why not just keep quiet? This latest 'two by 6pm', why?

It is baffling.

Maybe we as fans need to keep our beds dry a bit.

Club and manager don't mention any signings? Fans have a melt down

Club and manager say signings might happen? Fans have a melt down

Club and manager say signings will happen  very soon? Fans have a melt down

The fact that on here, twitter and other forums we had fans at 18.01 saying "where are the promised signings?" Tells you all you need to know.

But I want it now!!

44 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Seems very strange how all these so called signings we have lined up appear to drop off the cliff.

Well reading the actual quotes today it seems some players would rather sign for a championship team than a league 1 team. Not all that surprising to be fair. 

Edited by QuitYourJibbaJivin

50 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Which shows again that Warne never learns sand keeps repeating mistakes