Summer Rumour Mill

sage

28 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

31 year old fullback?

Just spitballing; if we convert to 4 at the back, we don’t have a decent conventional right back currently. Pboro fans all said ward was a better wing back and rubbish at right back. Same for kane probably.

1 minute ago, SK47 said:

Imagine if we sell all our best youngsters, sign a bunch of 30+ year olds with no resale value, flop, then we would be in proper poo Street 🤣 you gotta laugh.

And we've got half the squad out of contract end of next season. Hell of a rebuild job next summer, especially if there's no cash!

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can you expand on that at all as, unlike a link with a potential signing, that’s the sort of rumour that can get out of hand really fast 

I’ve been told there’s growing frustrations between Warne and mainly Pearce due to the budget. Im genuinly worried about the rest of this season

12 minutes ago, Justa said:

I’ve heard PW has spoken to Tyrese Fornah today - believe he was on loan at Reading last season.

No idea how much truth is in it tbh.

Getting a player on loan from Forest would be properly embarrassing wouldn’t it

20 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I’ve been told there’s growing frustrations between Warne and mainly Pearce due to the budget. Im genuinly worried about the rest of this season

Because the budget has changed or because we won't increase it?

21 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Why? Did Warne not know what the budget would be? Or does he want more?

38 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Because Warne has blown what little we had on players in positions that were already covered?

That Warne thought he could spend the Knight money?

That we have to sell Bird and Cashin to balance the books, not to reinvest?

That ST holders are demanding their money back?

Edited by IslandExile

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Having very tin-foil hat thoughts from this - so we had a competitive budget but now we dont/all spent - if club hierarchy have lost faith in PW/his ability to sign people and we cant afford to pay PW and gang off could suddenly tight budget and lack of further funds be an example of "people lie in football" which may encourage someone to walk out? Sorry had a Friday night glass of wine again -think following this club makes you paranoid or weird or both

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Having very tin-foil hat thoughts from this - so we had a competitive budget but now we dont/all spent - if club hierarchy have lost faith in PW/his ability to sign people and we cant afford to pay PW and gang off could suddenly tight budget and lack of further funds be an example of "people lie in football" which may encourage someone to walk out? Sorry had a Friday night glass of wine again -think following this club makes you paranoid or weird or both

It's Thursday.  I'll have some of that wine😃

2 hours ago, SK47 said:

Just seen Troy Deeney has signed for Forest Green Rovers as a player coach. He would have been definitely a target for me before the likes of wash, waggy and even Collins. Hes a big nightmare for defenders who in reality, is built to do well in the lower leagues. He's a promotion winner, a leader and the latter is definitely something we need. We also need a solid CDM because as well as smith does, I feel like we lack a presence and a solid spine through the team. There's too many nearly men and questions over peoples best positions and roles, that is not a team or system that is going to work imo.

I take it you didn’t see Deeney play for Brum last season ? Unfit and overweight. Most Brum fans said he was finished and disinterested .

I suspect he will do more coaching than playing at Forest Green. 

The Deeney of 4/5 years ago I would have been agreeing with you.