Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

No chance we get any more permanent players unless they’re on tiny wages. Loan wise we can’t afford to pay much either. Believe the max we can offer players is around 4k a week. That’s the going rumour at the moment. I have no idea of this is the ‘business plan’ or DC being a bit stingy with budgets or if Warne has splashed out too much on wages and had struggled to work with the budgets set 

BT you used to be a source of excitement and optimism, not dread and angst. Good news only, please 🫣

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

No chance we get any more permanent players unless they’re on tiny wages. Loan wise we can’t afford to pay much either. Believe the max we can offer players is around 4k a week. That’s the going rumour at the moment. I have no idea of this is the ‘business plan’ or DC being a bit stingy with budgets or if Warne has splashed out too much on wages and had struggled to work with the budgets set 

But I'm confused...what about Rhodes, which was done? And the 4 more players he wanted?

Something has changed.

If that’s the case and we have no money why not put the following up for sale.

Barks £200k roughly 

NML £300k roughly 

Bird £1.5-2m

Cashin £3-4m roughly.

Sibley £350-400k  roughly 

I’d definitely offer the top three get some money in even if it gets us three -four decent loans 

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Barks £200k roughly 

NML £300k roughly 

Bird £1.5-2m

Cashin £3-4m roughly.

I’d definitely offer the top three get some money in even if it gets us three -four decent loans 

£300k for NML. He’s a full Quatemalian International. I suspect some Saudi Team would pay £30m for him if we could put a good 5 minute video highlight package together. Actually make that a 3 minute package - he would just be walking in the last 2 minutes.

6 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Barks £200k roughly 

NML £300k roughly 

Bird £1.5-2m

Cashin £3-4m roughly.

I suspect it’s because it’s real life we’re operating in, and not Football Manager

7 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Barks £200k roughly 

NML £300k roughly 

Bird £1.5-2m

Cashin £3-4m roughly.

Bird for me, is not as good as Knight and Cashin after his standard during this calendar year, with 10 months on his contract, may get a quarter of that. Conversely, teams pay for goals and Sibley has those in his locker, so even without looking the player who burst into our team,  I reckon we still get 1-1.5 with add ons due to his age and the definite chance he could be a 15 goal a season player. I wouldn't sell Barkhuizen either.  He's a good player at this level. Just not a wingback.  I suspect you may be right on NML.  He was knackered without Knights leg work before he committed to regular Central American jaunts. 

15 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Barks £200k roughly 

NML £300k roughly 

Bird £1.5-2m

Cashin £3-4m roughly.

Problem is that very few teams are spending money at the moment that the pool is very small. If a player with Sibley’s record came available at £350-400k then that’s the exact type of player we should be buying, not selling. 

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

This is where football's gone mad.

Offering wages of 200k a year to a league One footballer should be exceptional, a rare talent, not a cause for bemusement.

3 million over a fifteen year career.  In reality over a fifteen year career as a top 6 footballer in this league around 5 million.  Probably 1.5 -2 for a career playing in front of 5000 at Morecambe. Bonkers innit

11 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Where is the Knight and Bielik money? This would've freed up a hefty amount on the budget to play with surely.

Why have we spent weeks targeting Rhodes and supposedly Sharp - when neither would come on a few grand wages to drop to league one?

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Where is the Knight and Bielik money? This would've freed up a hefty amount on the budget to play with surely.

Why have we spent weeks targeting Rhodes and supposedly Sharp - when neither would come on a few grand wages to drop to league one?

See post above 

2 hours ago, sage said:

The jozwiak ruling

That won't have come as a surprise to the club though?

We'd already (supposedly) factored in payments for Bielik when setting the budget and the dispute about Jozwiak was already ongoing, so surely that would also have been taken into account.

We even 'got away' without paying the full amount due.

It would be a pretty big bloody oversight for this to have suddenly wiped our budget, and we wouldn't be that stupid, would we? Would we?

11 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Barks £200k roughly 

NML £300k roughly 

Bird £1.5-2m

Cashin £3-4m roughly.

No loans would be better than those three 

4 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

That won't have come as a surprise to the club though?

We'd already (supposedly) factored in payments for Bielik when setting the budget and the dispute about Jozwiak was already ongoing, so surely that would also have been taken into account.

We even 'got away' without paying the full amount due.

It would be a pretty big bloody oversight for this to have suddenly wiped our budget, and we wouldn't be that stupid, would we? Would we?

We can only pay the wages with what comes through the gate in simple terms and prices didn’t go up to the paying public.