Summer Rumour Mill

sage

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I wouldn't bring any Knights into an Islamic debate personally.

Back onto a football point is it correct the restrictions still in place stops us reinvesting the money generated this season but does this restriction end in January or the summer ? I was unsure if it was a window restriction or season restriction?

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Back onto a football point is it correct the restrictions still in place stops us reinvesting the money generated this season but does this restriction end in January or the summer ? I was unsure if it was a window restriction or season restriction?

Not sure anyone outside of the club and the EFL knows the fine details of the business plan we’re subject to. However it’s been well publicised that it is a 2 year business plan, which started when we exited administration so assume that means it runs until next summer. 

44 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Could be worse.....could be Everton looking at signing Che Adams as their main striker for this season.....let that sink in for a minute whilst people moan about our inability to get a proven goalscorer in for nowt

Could think of a lot worse than Che Adams…

42 minutes ago, norwichram said:

Something I can’t understand is this 

quite a few posters have suggested they’d like us to, in some cases they expect us to, sign the couple of players Warne has alluded to but then also some loans

how does that work?

Different players I would think, couple of perms and a couple of loans 😊

13 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I have no idea, but I think it more likely that any budget constraint on Warne comes from the Club not the EFL. Clowes has more than done his bit, by saving the club. He needs the Club to fund itself, and that might mean retaining income from sales in reserve just in case next season (24/25) doesn’t look so favourable from a trading perspective. Another season in League 1 might not for instance see as many season tickets sold.

1 hour ago, norwichram said:

Something I can’t understand is this 

quite a few posters have suggested they’d like us to, in some cases they expect us to, sign the couple of players Warne has alluded to but then also some loans

how does that work?

Do you think signing 2 more permanent players and 2 loans is unusual?

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Could be worse.....could be Everton looking at signing Che Adams as their main striker for this season.....let that sink in for a minute whilst people moan about our inability to get a proven goalscorer in for nowt

It seems alot of clubs are after a number 9. Is it a dying breed?