Summer Rumour Mill

sage

4 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

😂😂 I thought the idea of Jordan Rhodes was bad enough!! 

Shall we see if Nuge wants a year as well!

Cmon we are supposed to be going through a new era and fans are romanticising about a front 2 of Waghorn and Martin. 

I liked Waggy generally as a player who gave his all but he missed so many open goals, but Martin 😍😍

Waghorn's a ship that's sailed now, as the past few seasons show but there really wasn't anything wrong with his record at Ipswich and his first 2 seasons here 

His propensity to miss open goals massively overstated. He's a winger/striker not outright goalscorer so it comes with the territory. A 5.3 shots per goal ratio in his first season here and 9.Something in his second similar to (marginally better than) the output Sam Smith managed for Cambridge and that was without the team being setup around him.

Now he really was a player who was judged more harshly because of his transfer fee.

Edited by Kokosnuss

I personally would take Waggy back, versatile & puts a shift in. Would get 10+ goals at this level. I would prefer him as 4th choice striker than Brown.

Not sure why so many want Brown as 4th choice. He is 17 and done ok in 3 preseason games, he is nowhere near ready for mens football & only involved in preseason due to lack of numbers, especially upfront. He needs a good year or 2 in the u21s first.

17 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Waghorn's a ship that's sailed now, as the past few seasons show but there really wasn't anything wrong with his record at Ipswich and his first 2 seasons here 

His propensity to miss open goals massively overstated. He's a winger/striker not outright goalscorer so it comes with the territory. A 5.3 shots per goal ratio in his first season here and 9.Something in his second similar to (marginally better than) the output Sam Smith managed for Cambridge and that was without the team being setup around him.

Now he really was a player who was judged more harshly because of his transfer fee.

He'd finally be a Snip.

1 hour ago, bucktwo said:

Well there is only 4 of em .

Johnson (already re-signed ) 

Nugent (too old and retired) 

Bryson (injuries and retired ) 

Waghorn (free agent, looking to play on) 

Surely there's nothing in it 😳 is there ? 

I haven’t heard the interview so couldn’t comment. I personally would have him back.

4 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Better at what? Not scoring the majority of  one-on-ones? Not scoring many at all, regardless of chances he has? Getting ridiculously unnecessary red cards?

These are the Career all-Club Stats for Waggy, and for comparison I've added in the Wardrobe's, who a few on here think we
should bring back.

Since RoyMac5 has given your post a like, I've added in the Goal Assists for him, which he asked for on another thread :-

Mins Played     Goals      Assists          Mins per Goal           Mins per Goal/Assist                Mins per Assist
                                  =========     =====    =======     ==========           ===============                ===========
Martyn Waghorn      28,764               126         70                 228                             146                                            410                                  
Chris Martin             44,440               168         84                 264                             176                                            529

Just in case you think I've made those Stats up, you can check them here :-

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/martyn-waghorn/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/61674

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-martin/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/46154

Do I think we should bring Waggy back? No, his time here has been and gone, though he would suit Warne's
playing style/tactics, so I wouldn't be totally against it. He's also got the right sort of personality for a Warne Squad.

Do I think we should bring Martin back? No, his time here has been and gone, and he would not suit Warneball, or a Warne Squad.