Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Their end product last season at RB/RWB speaks for itself. 

Knight - 1 goal in 12 games (4 contributions in a full season)
Ward - 4 goals and 5 assists in 28 games (15 contributions in a full season)

No doubt Knight is a more polished footballer, but yeah - one thing I can’t knock Ward for is his relentless, direct attacking play. Knight just didn’t have that in him. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ok, fair enough, you are going on the stats 👍 I actually think Knighty played quite well at RB/RWB

47 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

A couple of people mentioning Curtis Nelson now, and while I recognise the need for cbs and would support him if he signs, it’s one I’d find a bit underwhelming. Not sure why, as he’s played at a higher level recently. Think I was just hoping for a younger option with a potentially higher ceiling. Pennington or the lad released from Man United’s academy who was at Portsmouth on loan, someone like that. 
Could still happen I suppose as we need multiple bodies at the back. 

When it comes to Nelson, he did perform well for Blackpool last season and just remember that Craig Forsyth looked like a top CB at this level at times last season. It’s not a high bar. 

Pennington is a good example, because he’s a player who was wrote off, laughed at and absolutely trashed whilst playing in the Championship but looks accomplished in League One. The strikers at this level aren’t great and when you get a genuinely decent one then they score goals. 

The WhoScored algorithm had him rated as Blackpool’s best player last season. 

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Should we take £1.5 mill for Knight or hold out for £2 mill if several clubs are interested? 

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

When it comes to Nelson, he did perform well for Blackpool last season and just remember that Craig Forsyth looked like a top CB at this level at times last season. It’s not a high bar. 

Pennington is a good example, because he’s a player who was wrote off, laughed at and absolutely trashed whilst playing in the Championship but looks accomplished in League One. The strikers at this level aren’t great and when you get a genuinely decent one then they score goals. 

I’m repeatedly banging on about the collective being more than the sum of its parts so he could be a very good pick up, as I said he has recently played at a higher level than us, is younger than Curtis, Stearman and Chester….guess I’m just hoping we get someone young and athletic too. 
A Nelson or Bradley as the central lynchpin of our defence with Cashin on the left and A.N Other on the right wouldn’t be too shabby, Forsyth and Rooney as backup. 

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Nelson is exactly the sort of CB we should be signing if it’s accompanied with one or two younger ones. We’ve lost a lot of experience in that position so Nelson’s know-how will come in handy.

Also great to sign an ex-captain. 

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Absolutely not. He wouldn't pass Warne's "good guy" requirement from what I can tell.

I recall a time he was in town with other players and was acting like a bit of a plonker, until someone smacked him straight in the eye.

Funnily enough he missed the next game due to "illness".

It was actually because he looked like a panda.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I recall a time he was in town with other players and was acting like a bit of a plonker, until someone smacked him straight in the eye.

Funnily enough he missed the next game due to "illness".

It was actually because he looked like a panda.

He had that altercation back home where someone got seriously hurt as I remember and the club supported him.  They also took him on when he was a youngster diagnosed with a bone condition and his other offers fell by the wayside.  He thanked us by saying he been waiting for weeks for Burnley to get a deal for him over the line and putting out that lovely thumbs up tweet when QPR beat us to send us down.  It's a no from me.

On a lighter note my wife worked with a girl who was due to go out on a date with him.  Turned up in his tracksuit and she told him if he couldn't be arsed neither could she and shut the door in his face.  

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He had that altercation back home where someone got seriously hurt as I remember and the club supported him.  They also took him on when he was a youngster diagnosed with a bone condition and his other offers fell by the wayside.  He thanked us by saying he been waiting for weeks for Burnley to get a deal for him over the line and putting out that lovely thumbs up tweet when QPR beat us to send us down.  It's a no from me.

On a lighter note my wife worked with a girl who was due to go out on a date with him.  Turned up in his tracksuit and she told him if he couldn't be arsed neither could she and shut the door in his face.  

I bet the tracksuit was more than her car too...good on her though

39 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Absolutely not. He wouldn't pass Warne's "good guy" requirement from what I can tell.

He’s always been known to be a bit of a t*** in general.

When QPR relegated us and his response was to just quote it with “+3” showed that he has very little respect for a club who has helped him have a better career than his ability probably deserves.

Even if it was a social media team on his behalf, you have to have more awareness than that.

Even without all that, I don’t think he gets in our team anyway.