Summer Rumour Mill

sage

8 minutes ago, ExiledinDerby said:

Only way that happens is if Evans goes out on loan or leaves the club, then it makes sense to have an established u21 goalkeeper.

The club won’t want to block the path for Evans or Thompson as they come through. 

Loach isn’t a 2, if he was they don’t sign McGee last season. If they are trying to save money then it makes no sense to pay a wage for another academy goalkeeper. Loach sits in the bench, plays u21s where he can to keep fit but Evans / Thompson will be main goalkeepers at u21 unless they go out. 

I hope Evans/Thompson go out on loan for senior game time. I think it's important for keepers to experience "senior football" 

2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I hope Evans/Thompson go out on loan for senior game time. I think it's important for keepers to experience "senior football" 

Absolutely. Evans had a brief spell at Melton last season and I expect him to be out this year as he’s ready for men’s football and needs to learn it.

Thompson will adjust to life as a full time player but I’d expect him to move into u21s around Xmas similar to Evans 18 months ago. 

I think they’ll take a new goalkeeper but I just don’t think they see Loach as a 2…

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

image.gif.b16e946a70d117ece1c5ba5478651408.gif

Well, thank you so much for your insightful remark. It's obvious that we've discovered the forum's Kevin Hart right here. When we can just reply with an emoji, why bother having lengthy conversations about future transfers? The next time I have the audacity to publish about transfers, I'll be sure to keep in mind your smart comment. Keep on thanking us with your emoji criticism; it certainly raises the bar for this conversation. You are a true example of contemporary communication. 

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-interested-free-transfer-8514057

I think some clueless person challenged me on posting about rumoured player transfers. Well at least this rumour has some more substance behind it, see my previous post on this player.

wow - you have the nerve to acuse me of being clueless - I suggest you re-read your postings over the past six months if you want to see clueless.....🤪

As it happens, I didn't challenge you about rumnoured transfers - I requested that your 'would xxxx be a good player for us' to be posted in the correct thread rather than this one which I understood was for actual rumours with a bit of substance (such as the one you've linked to). If you want to make random suggestions, that's absolutely fine - just try doing so in the 'transfer suggestions thread - that way folk can easily see whether there's a possibility that players named might be on their way here rather than just someone that you think might be good if we signed them....

6 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Well, thank you so much for your insightful remark. It's obvious that we've discovered the forum's Kevin Hart right here. When we can just reply with an emoji, why bother having lengthy conversations about future transfers? The next time I have the audacity to publish about transfers, I'll be sure to keep in mind your smart comment. Keep on thanking us with your emoji criticism; it certainly raises the bar for this conversation. You are a true example of contemporary communication. 

Glad to be of service!

21 minutes ago, Oldben said:

🤣

19 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Football insider writer Rodrick Stevenson reckons were pushing to sign Darnell Fisher and if we don’t succeed Dabo is second choice 

I know things can change but Warne has specifically said no on Fisher a couple of times already. 

14 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Football insider writer Rodrick Stevenson reckons were pushing to sign Darnell Fisher and if we don’t succeed Dabo is second choice 

I can't recall the amount of times we have categorically announced that we're not in for Darnell Fisher but a good half dozen now with the latest being just last week. 

As unmoved I am about Dabo, he would be much more preferable to Fisher who I genuinely would struggle to reason. He has so few redeeming features other than he plays a position of need - but even then I'd 100% rather go into the season with Korey Smith at right back than Fisher. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can't recall the amount of times we have categorically announced that we're not in for Darnell Fisher but a good half dozen now with the latest being just last week. 

As unmoved I am about Dabo, he would be much more preferable to Fisher who I genuinely would struggle to reason. He has so few redeeming features other than he plays a position of need - but even then I'd 100% rather go into the season with Korey Smith at right back than Fisher. 

I wouldn’t. Korey Smith makes Robbie Savage look fast. 

48 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah I’d be pretty underwhelmed with both of them.

Fisher must have some redeeming features for Boro to have signed him in the first place. That said my only recollection of him is his time wasting and the fact he should have been sent off at PP a couple of seasons ago.

I think it was the covid season when PNE won the game in the last minute of injury time, might even have been Barkhuizen who scored!

My guess for this summer.

It will soon come out that our number 1 striker target is Billy Sharp, some fans will be in uproar, others ok. Billy will take most of the summer to have a think, meanwhile Players like May and Clark-Harris will sign for rival teams. At the 11th hour Sharp will decide to sign for Barnsley and will go onto score 30 goals.

We will go into August scratting around for a striker, before signing an 18 year old streak of p!ss on loan from Luton on transfer deadline day.

In all honesty I have a feeling most of this will be true except for Luton. It'll be from someone even worse, like Tottenham.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It will soon come out that our number 1 striker target is Billy Sharp, some fans will be in uproar, others ok. Billy will take most of the summer to have a think, meanwhile Players like May and Clark-Harris will sign for rival teams. At the 11th hour Sharp will decide to sign for Barnsley and will go onto score 30 goals.

We will go into August scratting around for a striker, before signing an 18 year old streak of p!ss on loan from Luton on transfer deadline day.

In all honesty I have a feeling most of this will be true except for Luton. It'll be from someone even worse, like Tottenham.

Yep, transfer window opens in 2 days and heard nuffin…..absolutely nuffin 🤬😖

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yep, transfer window opens in 2 days and heard nuffin…..absolutely nuffin 🤬😖

Unfortunately I'm known for being sceptical (or a right miserable git if we are being honest).

But, with so many players on frees and players agents vying for better deals, if Derby were close to signings I would have thought things would be out by now.

Am I right in thinking the names of Barkhuizen, Hourianne and Chester were out on the public domain long before they signed? Although I appreciate that was a different manager who may operate differently to Warne.

My concern, and it may not be helped, is we could be having to wait to sell Bielik, Knight etc before we can trade. If that's the case we probably miss our top targets.

This season is there for the taking and we need to hit the ground running.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The only player we could ever sign who would get booed by everybody when he walked on the pitch