Summer Rumour Mill

sage

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

is ‘average height’ of a team a thing? Personally I’d like a keeper who’s well over 6’, a couple of CBs over 6’1, and a 6’2 centre forward who is not called Collins. I don’t care if the rest are Midgets like Messi or Maradona or Modric

Just missed out on another midget -Mac Allister has gone to Liverpool.

2 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Not many rumours in here. So…

Chatting to my old mate with a shopping trolley and a talkative garden gnome last night.

Neither had seen a list but both had heard Tom Bloxham was on it. Leicester lad playing in a Steve Cotterell farmers XI at Shrewsbury. Tall, mobile and can play as a 9 or 10. Seen as a good foil for Alfie May and / or Sibbers. Needs to add goals to his game but Warne believes that is possible.

The only downside is he’s an ex public schoolboy like the much beloved Will Hughes, so local newsagents could be in for a hard time 😧

according to my random googling he needs to add goals and assists (0 of either) plus maybe a bit of bite (0 cards) in 33 appearances as a striker for shrews last season.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

according to my random googling he needs to add goals and assists (0 of either) plus maybe a bit of bite (0 cards) in 33 appearances as a striker for shrews last season.

looks like it was mainly off the bench, didn't even total 1000 minutes.

On 07/06/2023 at 10:15, alram said:

watch out tomsdub you will get abused all day for daring to suggest things don't look rosey such is the way of this place

Or, just maybe not every single target we are going for is known to the press and fans? Had it even crossed your mind that Warne has multiple targets or do you think our target list was the three or four players that have been reported on?

This time last year how many of the players we signed were known targets and how many had we signed?

4 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Pete usually a very reliable source, surelt we beat all these teams bar maybe Cardiff for him

IMG_1284.png

‘Could be a free agent?’ with insight like that I’m expecting Pete O’Rourke to be banging on my front door later demanding a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 😂

20 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

‘Could be a free agent?’ with insight like that I’m expecting Pete O’Rourke to be banging on my front door later demanding a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 😂

If he signs a new contract at Notts County before his current one runs out then strictly speaking he'll never have been classed as a free agent?

Not that that's going to happen.

4 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

If he signs a new contract at Notts County before his current one runs out then strictly speaking he'll never have been classed as a free agent?

Not that that's going to happen.

So he could sign for Notts or one of five other clubs. Interesting but I’ll have to come back to it as there’s someone banging on the front door 🤣