Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

21 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Tottenham have high hopes for him, I suspect they'd want a loan to a Championship club at least.

4 goals in 34 games at Portsmouth. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has another season on-loan at this level. It’s a big jump in quality if you haven’t already excelled in League One first.

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Josh Onomah and Bradley Dack still available. 

Dack may have had his injury troubles but would be a class player at this level. 

Onomah would also be a great signing at league 1 and would fit the CAM position nicely. 

Excellent suggestions. Far more interesting than Jordan effing Rhodes.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Excellent suggestions. Far more interesting than Jordan effing Rhodes.

Both will end up in the championship - Dack was on a wedge at Blackburn and is focused on becoming a reality tv personality. I can’t imagine he’s the type Warne would be after, it strikes me as something that would immediately put him off. Onomah is an interesting one, a good footballer that’s sort of been around for a while now without actually doing anything - one assist in 13 appearances at Preston last season. Imagine he would want decent money too. A gamble but he does have technical ability and athleticism. 

I’ve noticed that a lot more loan deals seem to be happening over the last couple of days now. We’re at roughly the half-way point of pre-season, so I’m sure clubs will be making decisions on who they are willing to let leave on loan.

I wonder if we might start to see some movement on this front if we are going to use the loan market to fill some of the gaps where we’re still lacking.

14 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Both will end up in the championship - Dack was on a wedge at Blackburn and is focused on becoming a reality tv personality. I can’t imagine he’s the type Warne would be after, it strikes me as something that would immediately put him off. Onomah is an interesting one, a good footballer that’s sort of been around for a while now without actually doing anything - one assist in 13 appearances at Preston last season. Imagine he would want decent money too. A gamble but he does have technical ability and athleticism. 

Who expected Conor Hourihane to drop to league 1? He could still do a job in the champ. As time goes on, players may just want be be considered for first team football and enjoy the project.

I'd still say Macauley Bonne is worth a shout. Can play as a lone striker or in behind Collins. 

An athletic Warne type of player who will put in a shift. At 27 he needs to settle and produce the goods in his prime years. 

On a freebie so worth a punt I reckon. 

7 minutes ago, Franks Tanked said:

I'd still say Macauley Bonne is worth a shout. Can play as a lone striker or in behind Collins. 

An athletic Warne type of player who will put in a shift. At 27 he needs to settle and produce the goods in his prime years. 

He’s awful, Charlton fan’s absolutely hated him last year 

1 hour ago, Franks Tanked said:

He’s better suited to non-league football. One of the worst players we came up against last season. 

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

I’ve noticed that a lot more loan deals seem to be happening over the last couple of days now. We’re at roughly the half-way point of pre-season, so I’m sure clubs will be making decisions on who they are willing to let leave on loan.

I wonder if we might start to see some movement on this front if we are going to use the loan market to fill some of the gaps where we’re still lacking.

Good point.I think Prem clubs only returned a week or so ago and will be assessing their squads and considering loaning out players to top Championship clubs.Think that’ll create a trickle down effect and possibly see Championship clubs loaning out to clubs like us.Not impressed with our loanees  last season and hoping for better if we go down that route again.