Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not much mention of Barkhuizen.  Had the appearance of a pissed off player last few months of the season.  Probably due to losing his place to a lad who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.  I'll be surprised if he's here at kick off time.

I don't think Warne would be too upset if he found another club.

10 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Armstrong Okoflex released by West Ham. Anyone?  

I wouldn’t be surprised. Not as one of the frontline 22 players but in a similar capacity to how Jake Rooney was brought in last year.

Would likely feature a bit more than Jake as Warne likes attacking options off the bench. And finally he’s not a loan so ultimately his development benefits us rather than someone else.

5 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I wouldn’t be surprised. Not as one of the frontline 22 players but in a similar capacity to how Jake Rooney was brought in last year.

Would likely feature a bit more than Jake as Warne likes attacking options off the bench. And finally he’s not a loan so ultimately his development benefits us rather than someone else.

He actually showed some promise at wing back last season, still very raw but would be happy to take him on as a developmental player - like you said, similar to Rooney.

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He actually showed some promise at wing back last season, still very raw but would be happy to take him on as a developmental player - like you said, similar to Rooney.

I thought same with this guy. Think he can play either side and would give a different option to the new signings perhaps.

In the articles about him leaving, west ham have also let go Odubeko who's a striker I think. Not a great record out on loan but worth a trial look maybe to see if there's something to work with. Could just end up another Hector-Ingram where it doesn't quite happen in the end. JHI at Hastings apparently now wiki says

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Aaron Collins (Bristol Rovers)

Top half of the table for goals and assists last season 

Don't think you'd be getting him for any less than £3m the way they seem to rate him

24 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't think you'd be getting him for any less than £3m the way they seem to rate him

I’m sure that’s what they’d like but not sure that’s what they’d ever get. Not in this league.

£1m might test their resolve. 

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Know half of these have been mentioned previously at least, but now we need to turn our attention to the attacking positions. All of these players are on a free and worth a look in my opinion:

Harvey Knibbs, Sam Smith, Dan Butterworth, Dan Agyei, Tyler Walker

Only just learned that Knibbs was raised in Derbyshire and came through the Forest academy. Might fancy a move back this way.

Sam Smith also a free agent from the 30th June.