Burton Albion (H) Sat 22nd April

28 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I noticed that the lower Guthrie was empty again for the last home game . Around 500 freebies not used.We had about 250 fans in the home end at the Pirelli and one Burton fan on crutches went mental , I hope he is recovered for this one.

Well look most of it is pretty much gone now.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Your post made me Google: “famous people from Burton”.  The response from Delphi ...

Who is the most famous person from Burton?

Richard Burton is the most famous person with last name Burton.

Tim, Amanda and Gonfra might take issue.

You need to be on it with this one. They were decent when they came to the UniBol on Tuesday and probably deserved their point overall. They surprised in that they played more football than I expected and less high balls. They attack quickly so your defenders need to be on their toes. I can see why they’ve done well against the better teams and if you’re not careful they may well do it to you too? 😉

4 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

You need to be on it with this one. They were decent when they came to the UniBol on Tuesday and probably deserved their point overall. They surprised in that they played more football than I expected and less high balls. They attack quickly so your defenders need to be on their toes. I can see why they’ve done well against the better teams and if you’re not careful they may well do it to you too? 😉

Well with new formation I like to see them try now we have mayjoe back now but it will be tough game through but it is a must win game.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The beer from the town.  Airman in WW2 used to say it when they went for what may have been their last drink before a flight.  

More likely when they didn't come back, and their whereabouts were enquired upon?  🤷‍♂️

Usually used to infer they have met with disaster.

10 hours ago, AndyB said:

I have no animosity at all towards Burton Albion, in fact when they’re not playing us I like to see them doing well. The difference between how I feel about Burton Albion and how I feel about the gumps is enormous. I don’t know any Rams fans who’s feelings aren’t similar.

Surely people can see that most of the negativity in this thread is joking?

Although i  have lived in Derbyshire for all of my adult life and I am a rams supporter I was born and brought up in Burton and I have a huge fondest for the place, I was born in a nursing home between the breweries and the marmite factory and I have always associated the 'smell' with home. My family still live nearby and though my first team is Derby I maintain an interest and a pride in the brewers. I look after my mum and I travel through Burton 4 days a week. It may well be looking run down at present, but show me a town centre which isn't. It's my home town and seeing it sneered at on this thread makes me sad. It isn't a joke at all and this negativity is nasty.

20 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Although i  have lived in Derbyshire for all of my adult life and I am a rams supporter I was born and brought up in Burton and I have a huge fondest for the place, I was born in a nursing home between the breweries and the marmite factory and I have always associated the 'smell' with home. My family still live nearby and though my first team is Derby I maintain an interest and a pride in the brewers. I look after my mum and I travel through Burton 4 days a week. It may well be looking run down at present, but show me a town centre which isn't. It's my home town and seeing it sneered at on this thread makes me sad. It isn't a joke at all and this negativity is nasty.

Nowt wrong with pride, good on you for voicing it. 

I'm a rams fan and I was brought up in Nottingham....its a s***hole. 

Absolutely hope we smash Burton, highly unlikely, so I’ll just settle for a win.

Burton used to be like a 2nd team, like a few Derby fans in the past, i’d watch them if the Rams were playing miles away or had no game BUT my kids, going to school in Burton summed up the rivalry now; ever since the Brewers made the championship, a few younger fans started going and forgot are friendlier past, trying to create a rivalry that just isn’t there for most Rams fans. 

Burton have a good chairman, they’ve been well run but some of their new generation of fans deserve to be labelled tin pot. So now, just like my lads I hope we put them down a few pegs. 

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

We have about a thousand unsold, which in my experience means about two thousand at least who won’t be there.

Wasn’t aware just how bad Burton’s support was though!

It's not a huge town but the support should be better than it is. It is an unassuming, small club which has a significant community involvement. They are not the 'runts of the litter', the 'dross' as suggested on this thread. Shame on those who posted those unkind comments.

I personally have or feel no ill harm towards Burton. As frustrating/embarrassing it is to be in the same league of a side who were 6th tier and derby were top tier when I was growing up, Burton are an admirably well run club. I think it's a geography thing as well. If your from south Derbyshire like myself, you'd have been more likely to frequent the Pirelli and Eaton Park. Some of my formative football experiences were on the terraces watching the rise of Burton. Whereas if you're from derby city or north Derbyshire, Burton is probably an irrelevant place who you'd barely heard of 10-15 years ago.