Sadly just not quite good enough this year, maybe next !!!

LN747

39 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Not looking forward to another season in this god forsaken league. It’s rank 

What if it was a season of us winning game after game and going up as champions? I think I could deal with that. 
I’m not saying that will happen of course, just wanted to spread a tiny bit of optimism. 

1 hour ago, LN747 said:

Small squad looks tired and running out of steam 

Even if we make the playoffs I can’t see us beating any of the top 6 

Actually reckon we could be Bolton over 2 legs but not the way we playing 

You mean refs are not good enough

We can still do this were not out of this fight

Come pick your self up and go again be postive.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You mean refs are not good enough

We can still do this were not out of this fight

Come pick your self up and go again be postive.

You can’t blame the ref for today’s result despite the predictable “duck the EFL” song when a decision, which it turns out was a correct decision by all accounts, didn’t go our way.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You can’t blame the ref for today’s result despite the predictable “duck the EFL” song when a decision, which it turns out was a correct decision by all accounts, didn’t go our way.

And the other handball shout? Or the one on knight?  How about when play was stopped for a fake leg injury when barkhuizen was breaking down the line?     

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

Not looking forward to another season in this god forsaken league. It’s rank 

Personally I think describing it as “rank” is a little over the top. The quality all round (officials, opposition, away grounds) isn’t as good as in the Championship (or the Premier League of course) but not rank.

At this moment in time, in the hope Warne manages to get something like the players he wants despite our restrictions and we have a proper preseason, I’m looking forward to next season already. No doubt that enthusiasm will quickly evaporate if we don’t have a good start.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Oh cant we

Kicked our players to death

There was at least other pently calls oh no not to us.

There players falling like flys nrothing said to them

Efl songs needs sang louder.

1 minute ago, The_Sheriff said:

And the other handball shout? Or the one on knight?  How about when play was stopped for a fake leg injury when barkhuizen was breaking down the line?     

I’ve not watched any replays yet but, on first viewing, “the one on Knight” was never going to be given. We’d be bitterly disappointed if that had been given against us. I can’t remember the other handball shout well enough. I’ll have to rewatch the. The fake leg injury didn’t prevent us winning the game. It was failure to take our chances in the first half and then, once again, allowing the team back in in the second half.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’ve not watched any replays yet but, on first viewing, “the one on Knight” was never going to be given. We’d be bitterly disappointed if that had been given against us. I can’t remember the other handball shout well enough. I’ll have to rewatch the. The fake leg injury didn’t prevent us winning the game. It was failure to take our chances in the first half and then, once again, allowing the team back in in the second half.

Or more like the ref letting them back into it.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Oh cant we

Kicked our players to death

There was at least other pently calls oh no not to us.

There players falling like flys nrothing said to them

Efl songs needs sang louder.

The EFL song was appropriate for the way they treated us recently but I am firmly of the opinion that that there is no EFL initiated conspiracy against us from the officials. The song is a bit of joke now.

A penalty shout doesn’t mean a penalty should have been given as proved by the Collins hand ball incident. As for players falling like flies, yes that annoys the hell out me but it wasn’t the reason we failed to win. We had plenty of time, possession and chances to win the game.